Friday, January 6, 2012

ARE YOU HAVING A GREAT DAY?

Hi to all my wonderful friends! I am always so excited to see visitors to my blog and love all of your comments.  I want to thank each of you for supporting me during my blog start in 2011. I know I have learned a lot and look forward to learning much more in 2012.  Sharing what I learn with you here is what I want to do, and along the way share a little about my life here in North Carolina.

Some people have asked, so here is an update on my broken ankle: This week I got a clean bill of health from my Orthopedic doctor!!! So now I can start walking again.  I just need to make sure I get good walking shoes.  LOL I’m too old to wear those cute shoes that I have always loved in the past…Time for my grown up shoes (notice, I did NOT use the O word!!!)

I think Joy is ready to start walking again too! She keeps going to the door I use when we are taking a walk and sits looking at me with such a sweet expression.  She has been a real trooper over the last two months!

On to my card…

Today I am sharing a card that I made for the Operation Write Home, Case Study Challenge #72,  and Stamp School’s Geometry Room Sketch Challenge.  I’ll show my card first and then talk about the challenges:

OWH StampSchool 

This card was so much fun to make for several reasons": 1) I am using my new stamp set from Inspired by Stamping called Kids Fun, 2) I am entering a new card challenge blog site called Stamp School, and 3) I am entering my second card in the Operation Write Home card challenge blog called Stars and Stamps

I have to say, if you are not familiar with any of these 3 sites, please check them out.  Joanna at Inspired by Stamping has awesome stamp sets that she has created, Stamp School has great challenges and new products, and OWH’s Stars and Stamps is worth getting involved in whether you have a family member in the military or not.

OWH StampSchool2

This card features Inspired by Stamping Kids Fun stamp set.  I also like to add something inside of the card to match up with the front.

OWH StampSchool3

If you follow my blog, you know I don’t do a lot of coloring of stamps, but this balloon was totally fun to play with.

OWH StampSchool4

The sentiment is from Kids Fun too. I embossed the circled flower and then added Liquid Pearls to emphasize it.

This is the Geometry Class sketch that I used.

This is the Case Study…..I love balloons Open-mouthed smile

And at Stars & Stamps this is the challenge: This week we challenge you to use something crafty you might have received as a Christmas gift or you can make an Any Occasion card for our heroes to send home to their family and friends! 

Well, I was fortunate this year because I am so new to cardmaking my wish list was filled with new cardmaking items.  The Kids Fun stamp set is new and the Spellbinders Lacey Circles die is new.

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS

  • Inspired by Stamping
    • Kids Fun

PAPER

  • Basic Grey Marrakech vanilla chai
    • 4 x 5 1/8”
  • Dark Blue card stock
    • 4 1/4 x 5 1/4”
    • 5 1/8 x 2 3/8”
    • Scrap for Spellbinders medallion
  • Yellow textured card stock
    • 5 x 2 1/2’
  • White
    • scrap for balloon stamp
    • 4 1/4 x 11” folded for base

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders
    • Lacey Circle
  • Sewing machine
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Craft knife
  • Heat tool

ACCESSORIES

  • Wrights Custom Creations trim
  • Liquid Pearls – Buttercup
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut all paper
  2. Use Big Shot and cut Spellbinders die cut
  3. Emboss balloon on white card stock and color with markers
  4. Cut out balloon using craft knife
  5. Emboss yellow panel with Cuttlebug folder
  6. Add Liquid Pearls – Buttercup around the embossed flower and in the center of the flower
  7. Set aside to dry
  8. Stitch Marrakech panel onto the large dark blue panel
  9. Stitch yellow panel onto the smaller dark blue panel
  10. Attach panels to card base
  11. Add flower trim
  12. Stamp sentiment over embossed flower
  13. Attach Lacey Circle medallion
  14. Add balloon using dimensionals
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[1]
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...