Friday, April 18, 2014

CS187: ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU

Hello! I’m back again for a couple more posts for today.  I admit, I saw the CASE Study photo for this week and was stumped for a few minutes, but then I remembered my new heart dies and decided to to a really bright card.

(A2: Stamps: Simon Says Stamps (Hello You and Big You); DSP: K&Co (Sweet Nectar); Dies: Lil Inker Designs)

The inspiration photo is below, and I decided to take bright colors and hearts from it to make this card. I cut the large heart in the background paper allowing the edge of the die to go off the edge of the paper. I used the negative area to place the positive (light pink heart) of the same die in that spot. I also used a smaller die on the pink die to create the opening for the sentiment which is stamped on white paper inserted behind the opening. Then with all of that attached, I used the middle size heart die and cut so that it overlapped the pink heart and left the negative there for the border paper (hot pink) to show through. I cut another heart using the same die from a piece of the DSP and attached the positive over lapping the other hearts. Last, I used the smallest die out of the same color border paper and used the positive, again overlapping the other hearts. I stamped the remainder of the sentiment on the same pink as the large heart and added a border. I then added a few random enamel dots and attached to a 4.25 x 5.25  card base, leaving enough room for the extended heart so it will still fit an A2 envelope. I hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  the challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

 

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...