Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OWH VCMP CHALLENGE #2: MASCULINE NAUTICAL

Hi again! This is my second post of the day. If you missed my first one, please click here to see it.

Again, this is a card for Operation Write Home’s Stars and Stamps blog  “Virtual Card Making Party” that is running all week long!!!!!  Two challenges every night for the week with sweets to be given away at the end of the week. If you have not checked out OWH, please, please do!  What is their mission you ask? Well here it is: “Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.” Now I don’t know about you but to me, this is really important because my son is leaving for Basic Training on March 5th. That just gives me more incentive to be involved, but honestly, they are a bunch of really fun people to craft with!

OK.  Challenge #2: MASCULINE NAUTICAL — dig out any and all maritime, water, beach, boating and sailing themed stuff.  So here comes #2…

OWH & TLC363

OWH & TLC363_2

OWH & TLC363_3

This is also for Splitcoaststampers challenge TLC363 Make Your Own Stripes. It was fun to get rid of some of my scraps. I have been working on cleaning up my scrap pile and got lots of good advise from my friend Judy Rozema (StampingQueenJAR). It is fortunate that this challenge came along at this time so I could really get rid of some paper!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS

PAPER

  • Craftwell
  • Recollections

INK

  • VersaColor Neptune

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
    • Spellbinders Labels Two
  • Presto Punch Oval

ACCESSORIES

  • White nylon cord
  • Brass brad

MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th

2 comments:

Paula S. said...

Awesome card! Great image and sentiment combo and the rope is terrific. I am so glad you're enjoying the VCMP!

Paula S.
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Dixie Cochran said...

Love the dimension on this card! Beautiful blues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...