Saturday, February 18, 2012

MOJO MONDAY 228

Happy Saturday crafty friends!!! I hope you are having a great weekend. For me, I am trying to get as much time as possible today because tomorrow it is supposed to be drastically colder and rain (or snow!!!).  Ok I am fine if it snows, but I am not a fan of cold rain!

Today’s card is done using the Mojo Monday Sketch 228, and it is made for Operation Write Home’s Mother’s Day challenge.  More about those after the card:

MM228

All of this paper is from my stash as I am trying to do a better job controlling the scraps!  I was beginning to become buried in all of them, but over the past few days, I have been sorting and organizing; and I am almost done! I do find it so much easier to use scraps with them organized (duh, right?).

MM228_2

I just love this pretty pink satin ribbon. I added a little Cotton Candy baker’s twine, some pink paper ribbon and a pretty pink flower to finish off the medallion.

MM228_3

The Mother sentiment is a free digi download from Operation Write Home. The butterfly was already colored so I just colored the letters and the greenery with Sakura Gelly Roll pens.

AROUND MY HOUSE

Daffolils

Doesn’t it always make you eager for spring when the daffodils start blooming?  These are bulbs I dug up from my Grandmother’s yard about 30 years ago LOL.  And we didn’t call them daffodils….they were buttercups.  When we moved to this house, I dug them up from our yard and moved them here. I always think of her when I see them bloom.  I’m glad they are hardy enough for the weather change. It is 65 outside today, but tomorrow the high is supposed to be 45 with rain.

Now for those challenges:

This is the MM228 sketch:

image

In addition to the Mojo Monday challenge, I made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image722222

Operation Write Home’s* Mother’s Day Challenge:

image3222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! Oh, if you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[1]
STAMPS

  • Operation Write Home free digi download

PAPER – MME and Recollections

INK

  • Sakura Gelly Roll pens

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Labels Four
  • Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Martha Stewart border punch

ACCESSORIES

  • Pink flower – Michael Richards 
  • Pink pearls

  • Pink satin ribbon

  • RRR baker’s twine

    MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th

  • No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...