Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DARE TO DREAM

I almost didn’t share this card because my DH absolutely hated it. He said it is the worst one I have ever made. I held on to it for a couple of days and decided I should just share it and see what y’all think of it. Please tell me what I should have done to improve on this one!!!

I made this for CAS-ual Friday's challenge which is to “Choose a song you love, then create a CAS project that is inspired by it!”  I have always loved the movie The Wizard of Oz and as a child I fell in love with the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow, so that is the song I chose as my inspiration.

I used the Paper Smooches alphabet die set and a Memory Box cloud. The rainbow is made with baker’s twine. I used a pen to make the “frame” around the sentiment and image. 

I am still working on CAS and know this could have been better, but at this point, I’m not sure what I should have done.

Thanks for taking a look and giving me some advice on this card.

CHALLENGE LINK

CFC89:  With the Grammys coming up in a few days, we thought it would be fun to have a song inspired challenge.  Choose a song you love, then create a CAS project that is inspired by it!


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

4 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Ellen. I have to admit that I was surprised as I was going through my Google Reader and I hit this card. It was a shock to realize I was on your blog. This card is so totally not you! I think if it were a square card it might have worked better with the elements. The empty space at the bottom bothers me. It is not balanced with the top (rule of thirds) Also the colored "dream" bothers me too. It takes away from the impact of the rainbow. Anyway those are my takes on it. Have a great day and thanks for sharing your misses as well as your hits!
Donna

Katy said...

Love this card! I love how you made your rainbow!

Glenda Atkins said...

Great card and I love the bakers twine rainbow - this is just adorable - love the stitching!!
hugs
Glenda

Lisa A. said...

What a lovely card, Ellen!! LOVE your use of twine...super creative and makes for one amazing rainbow!! So happy you were a part of the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...