Thursday, February 14, 2013

SYMPATHY WITH CARDS IN ENVY

Hello lovely friends and Happy Valentines Day! I have been having so much fun getting my mojo back and have a few cards to share with you. So if time permits, I’ll have several quick posts for you today!

I found a new challenge blog! It is called Cards in Envy and this is their very first challenge!  In order to participate in their challenges, your card cannot be thicker than 1/4 inch! That works for me since I have been trying to slim down!

This card was made using the Cards in Envy sketch (below and an older Doodle Pantry set called Pasque Flowers. It is not precolored so I got my Copics out and had some fun.  I fussy cut the flowers and die cut the sentiment using SB.  The main panel is white linen paper that is dry embossed at the top using a Darice border folder. The lower portion was colored using the ombre technique and then I added a strip from my scrap box.

CHALLENGE LINK

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a blessed day!


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_

15 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Love this card! The flowers are so pretty and it worked wonderfully with our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Donna Nuce said...

I love that ombre technique that you used on the lower part of the card. The neutrals shades with that beautiful blue flower is gorgeous!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Your card is beautiful! The colors and embossing make a perfect combination. Thank you so much for playing along at Cards in Envy! I hope you will join us again next week for our next challenge.

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous card Ellen. I'm so happy to be on the Doodle Pantry Design Team with you. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Peanut said...

Lovely sympathy card, Ellen. It's so tasteful and elegant. Love the colours and that flowers just so beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a sweet comment.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Loving your Ombre technique. Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous colouring of the flower and the background is soooo beautiful. Love the 'ombre' technique , the results are gorgeous!Having said that I must now go and look it up as I have no idea how you did it - brayering maybe? Well I am off to find out:O)
hugs
Glenda

Barb said...

Lovely card!!!!

CraftyKhandy said...

The flowers are lovely, great job! Thanks for visiting Cards in Envy!

ddazzled71 said...

What a stunning interpretation of the sketch and beautiful Sympathy Card. I love the gorgeous colors too! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards In Envy this fortnight!
Danie xx

Unknown said...

I love your take on the sketch, and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for playing at Cards In Envy!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

That flower is gorgeous! Sympathy cards are so hard to make, but this one is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy!
Lisa

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and love your take on the sketch. Now I am off to look up the ombre technique.

Dena J said...

Just stunning! The embossing on top is a lovely detail. Your coloring is flawless. Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation.

Dawn Frost said...

I love the simplicity of the card Ellen! The sketch is lovely and I can't believe you cut out the leaves, wow! Just beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...