Saturday, September 17, 2011

TSTR #79 - ‘Boys Will Be Boys’

Hi everyone. I am so happy today! Fall is finally here and the weather is cool, rainy and in general just a stay inside day.  We are all so thrilled that the heat wave has ended and we are getting some much needed rain. 

This week I am participating in The Shabby Tea Room’s card challenge Week #79 - 'Boys Will Be Boys'.  The challenge is to make a card with a MASCULINE THEME AND USE THE COLORS FROM THE INSPIRATION PICTURE.  I don’t know about you, but making a masculine card is so hard for me.  I just think it is difficult to stay away from flowers, ribbons and bows (hehe). 

OK. So, here is the card I created for this challenge:

TSTR 79

The coordinating papers are from Bobunny.  I quilled the duck and cattails on the center medallion and cut a frame using Spellbinders Nestabilities.

TSTR 79_2

A button, some feathers, brads and metal spirals complete the “glam” on this masculine card. 

This card is going to be my Dad’s birthday card but, shhhhh. Don’t tell him! His birthday is in December and I am always so busy then.  Here is the inside:

TSTR 79_3

A nice piece of cut paper with accent border, more brads and a chipboard diamond with a Happy Birthday sentiment. Now all I have to do is write to him!

This weeks challenge inspiration photo at Week #79 - 'Boys Will Be Boys'

I hope you like my card. Thank you so much for visiting In a World of Craft today. I am always thrilled to have visitors and to see your comments.

Next, another Halloween card! Til then, have a crafty day!!!!

2 comments:

sue said...

Guy cards are the toughest. Great job!

Maria said...

Congrats on your win...great job!!! It's a fantastic masculine card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...