Monday, November 28, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #97

Hi sweet friends! I am so happy it is the Christmas season because it is my most favorite time of the year.  I know, it is busy; it seems like there is something to do all the time, but have you ever noticed how nice people are this time of year?  Really, so many people are helpful and smiling I always wonder why people cannot act this way all the time.
One of my daily goals is to make someone smile. I don’t care who, or where, or why but someone needs to smile for me.  I especially love checking out at the grocery store, and you know, the cashiers are usually so busy and only thinking of getting your groceries checked and bagged, or they are just grumpy in general.  It makes my day to get that cashier to smile before I leave!  And the sad thing is, they seem truly surprised to be treated kindly…. oh well, enough blah blah and on to my card!!
This card is for the Inspirations sketch challenge #97….
Inkspirations #97
…. and it is based on this sketch…

Inkspirations #97_2
K & Company Life’s Journey and Inspired by Stamping’s Beautiful Ovals and All Year Wishes II are featured on this sweet card.  I just love the vintage feel of this one and the gorgeous stamps from Joanna.  If you have not gone to Inspired by Stamping’s store and Joanna’s blog, you should do it after you check out my post (and after you leave a comment Open-mouthed smile).  This card is part of a set that I will reveal once the complete project is finished. 
Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….
signatureNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS
PAPER
  • K & Company Life’s Journey
    • 10 x 5” base folded in half
    • 3 1/2  x 3 1/2” square
  • Off white for sentiment
    • 2 1/4 x 1 7/8”
INKS
  • VersaColor
    • Polar Blue
  • Black
TOOLS
  • Sewing machine
ACCESSORIES
  • Lace
  • Light blue rhinestones
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut all paper
  2. Glue the strip to the panel and then use sewing machine to stitch around the edges.
  3. Use a template to sponge an oval with Polar Blue VersaColor.
  4. Stamp the oval from the Beautiful Ovals set centering it on the sponged oval
  5. Use All Year Wishes II to stamp the sentiment .
  6. Attach the lace across the panel and adhere layers to folded cardstock.
  7. Attach oval sentiment and rhinestones.
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[1]

3 comments:

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Ellen, I saw your comment on Colleen's blog and stopped to take a look. What a really lovely card. I like the warm colors and how you did your DP's and your main image. The lace is a really beautiful embellishment too! Really pretty!

Marisa said...

Great take on t his week's sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

H2 :) said...

Very pretty Ellen! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...