Friday, January 13, 2012

STARS & STAMPS JANUARY ODBD CHALLENGE

Hello all my dear crafty friends! I hope you are having a FANTASTIC FRIDAY! I know I am going to have a great day. You know how sometimes you wake up and just feel a great day coming? OK, that is my day today.

And to start it out I am submitting this card to the Stars and Stamps January ODBD Challenge (Use THREE patterned papers on your card!) as well as the Splitcoaststampers (TLC359 ~ Best of 2011 ~ (1/9/12)) where I chose TLC304 Sewing/Stitching as my “Best of”……and here is my card

OWH ODB

I actually ended up with 4 patterned papers, but I hope that is ok.

OWH ODB3

OWH ODB2

I chose these gorgeous papers from MME Lost & Found collection and then added a butterfly stamp in burgundy on the inside to tie it together.  The sentiment is one I printed from my computer just using a word processing program.  The burgundy panel is cut using Spellbinders Fancy Tags and just using the negative so the base panel can show through. 

I do like the way this card turned out and I hope you do too! Please let me know what you think.

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]

PAPER

  • MME Lost and Found
    • 5 1/4 x 4 
    • 5 1/4 x 3 1/4 for negative die cut
    • 5 1/4 x 1 for border punch
    • scraps for heart and butterfly
    • sheet with birdcage and bird
  • Burgundy card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded to make card base

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders
    • Fancy Tags
  • Sizzlits heart, primative #2
  • EKTools Butterfly Stamp
  • Sewing Machine
  • Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch

ACCESSORIES

  • Seam binding
  • White pearls
  • Crochet flower
  • Bakers doily
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut all paper
  2. Use Big Shot and cut Spellbinders die cut and Sizzlit heart
  3. Print sentiment on MME paper
  4. Use butterfly punch on 3 of the papers
  5. Use scissors to fussy cut the bird panel 
  6. Glue the burgundy negative panel to the base panel
  7. Glue the border to the burgundy panel
  8. Use sewing machine and stitch around burgundy panel
  9. Adhere baker’s doily
  10. Use dimensionals and adhere the fussy cut panel.
  11. Glue the butterflies together.
  12. Adhere heart and butterfly to fussy cut panel
  13. Add sentiment, small bow and crochet flower
  14. Add pearls
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Really lovely card, Ellen! Just adore the color palette you chose and how well all those papers coordinate! Just lovely all the way around! Drop on by my blog I am having a Valentines giveaway!
Cindy Porter
http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

Hi, Ellen! A very lovely card you created! Love the colors, doily, heart, and design paper! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog, take care!!:-))

SandeeNC said...

Beautiful card, love all the pattern papers and the layering!

Paula S. said...

The papers and colors in this card are just beautiful and all the gorgeous details add so much depth and texture to the card. Beautiful work!


Paula S.
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card and lovely patterned paper choices.

Katie said...

Such a lush and lovely card!! TFS

gabby2057 said...

Beautiful card. Love the textures and colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...