Saturday, February 11, 2012

MOJO MONDAY & OWH VCMP CHALLENGE #10 VINTAGE

OK. Third card for tonight. If you missed them, the first one is here, and the second one is here.

With this card, I am caught up to today, which means I have three more cards to make tomorrow. I just hope little Joy will cooperate a second day. She is really wanting to get out and play, walk and be chased.

This is for Operation Write Home’s* VCMP Challenge #10: Vintage. Although I love to do vintage cards,  I don’t have vintage stamps or supplies, so I just used vintage style paper and aged it by distressing it and then inking it.

OWH VCMP10

I thought the seam binding and little ribbon roses looked sort of vintage so I added them.

OWH VCMP10_4

Here is my printed sentiment again, this time inked with Pealed Paint Distress Ink and on top of a couple of Spellbinders. 

OWH VCMP10_2

A Martha Stewart double-sided border punch makes the border under the ribbon.

OWH VCMP10_3

In addition to the OWH challenge, this card is also for:

image

Mojo Monday 227

image7222

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image32

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card.Please leave some love so I can see you were here!

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS

  • None

PAPER – K & Company Life’s Journey

INK

  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink –
    • Pealed Paint
    • Antique Linen
    • Tattered Rose

TOOLS

  • Sewing machine
  • Big Shot
  • Printer
  • Martha Stewart double-sided border punch
  • Spellbinders
    • Floral Doily Motifs
    • Big Scalloped Circles Large

ACCESSORIES

  • Green pearls
  • Green seam binding

  • Ribbon flowers

  • MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th

    8 comments:

    Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

    you don't need a vintage stamp - you do a wonderful job with your paper - card is beautiful - some mother will be very happy to recieve this card.

    Barb Housner

    SusanS said...

    Your card is very pretty. Such intricate details. Someone's mother will be very touched to receive this card. Nice work!

    Donna Nuce said...

    This is an absolutely gorgeous card! Has to be my favorite so far!

    Cindy's Card Co said...

    Your card is breathtaking. I love everything about it.

    Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

    I love the roses and all the layers. This is such a pretty card.

    Carol L said...

    Your interpretation of vintage is amazing, and what a lovely mother's day card you've created! I love all the distressing!

    Mynn xx said...

    I think this is shabby chic stunningness! Yes. I made that word up! ;) LOVE the papers you've used--it's beautiful!

    Sherry Hickey said...

    I love everything about your beautiful vintage card!! Great job!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...