Saturday, February 18, 2012

WHY AM I USING SO MUCH PINK LATELY?

Hi sweet friends! I was looking at my cards and realize I have used a lot of pink lately. I don’t usually use that much pink, but I have decided it is a great color to use.  So girlie and pretty.
This card is for three challenges: Really Reasonable Ribbon, CAS-ual Fridays, and Splitcoaststampers CAS157 sketch. I’ll give you the details after the card:
RRR42
I used white card stock and the masking technique. First, I used my Memory Box Quinn Flourish and heavy card stock to make a template. I then used Pixie Dust VersaMark ink to create the BG.
RRR42_2
RRR asked for Pink and Brown, so I cut the flourish again using brown card stock (Craftwell Molasses). The strip of brown of brown going across the card is paper ribbon. A Prima flower, pink gingham check ribbon and the Mother sentiment from Operation Write Home completes the card.
RRR42_3
AROUND MY HOUSE
Camellia
Camellia2
This is my Camellia bush! Aren’t those flowers just gorgeous? Oh, yeah….did I say I love flowers? LOL it is hard to make a card without flowers and hard to be around my house and not see them.  These Camellia’s are especially loved by me because they bloom in the winter when everything is so dreary.  They are a beautiful Christmas red.
Now for those challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon: The theme for Challenge #42 is Pink & Brown with Ribbon. This is the inspiration photo:
image
CAS-ual Friday’s CFC40:  With Mardi Gras in a few days we thought it would be fun to have a gallery full of Clean And Simple Party cards with ribbon
image
Splitcoaststampers CAS157 - Sketch by Nancy Littrell
image

In addition to these challenges, I made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.
image7222222
Operation Write Home’s* Mother’s Day Challenge:
image32222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! Oh, if you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
Ellen
Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS
  • Operation Write Home free digi download
PAPER – Recollections and Craftwell card stocks
INK
  • VersaMark Pixie Dust
TOOLS
  • Big Shot
  • Memory Box Quinn Flourish
ACCESSORIES


  • Prima flower
  • Paper ribbon (from stash..not sure who mfr. is)
  • Pink gingham check ribbon

  • MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

    6 comments:

    Mynn xx said...

    Fabulous card--and i think all the pink you've been using is beautiful! :) LOVE that second card--the simplicity is amazing!!! :)

    Maria said...

    Wow! What a gorgeous card! Love the soft pink in the background and lovely layers, so pretty! Your camillia bush is very beautiful! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!!:-))

    Maria said...

    Lovely second card, too! Such pretty soft flowers...great job! Take care, hugs!!:-))

    Michele Gross said...

    Really gorgeous card! I love the background you created by masking-fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    Judy Rozema said...

    Such gorgeous garden flowers! LOVE your card! And the reason you are using so much pink is because it's my favorite color :)

    mommyof5kidz said...

    Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...