Saturday, July 28, 2012

OWH MIDWEEK THROWDOWN

Happy Saturday cuties! I made these cards earlier this week and am just getting around to sharing them! The Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown is all about encouragement this week.  I am working on fall cards for OWH so hopefully these will work for the throwdown. 

This week has been all about using up some of my scraps and I certainly got rid of some while making these cards.  All of the papers for both of these cards are from my scrap pile (YAY!).

I was in AC Moore this week and saw a new display of embossing folders by Darice so I picked up several of them. Both of these cards use my new EFs.  The butterflies are part of the embossing. They are rubbed using a dauber with DI Tea Dye and embellished with blue rhinestones.  The digi stamp is from Doodle Pantry and is on a Spellbinders Fancy Tag Two. I rubbed it with DI Antique Linen before removing it from the Spellbinder. A MS double edge punch was used on the copper paper and placed under the tag.  I also die cut a flower from the same paper and placed it under the Prima flower.

Supplies for this card:

In addition to all the scrap papers, this card also uses a Doodle Pantry pre-colored image and sentiment, Spellbinders, doily, ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and bling from Recollections.

Supplies for this card:

Are you interested in Operation Write Home? Do you know what it is? Click here to see the MWTD and learn more about making cards for our heroes!

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]

Another card for:
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_


anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wonderful cards Ellen, I love Doodle Pantry and the new embossing folders are on my newest "want list" :)

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous fall cards Ellen. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...