Wednesday, July 11, 2012

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY JULY CHALLENGE–CASCADING CARD

This is my second post for today so please scroll down after viewing this post to see the other one.

UGH! I saw cascade cards on Splitcoaststampers earlier this year and just decided I didn’t want to tackle it.  But, my friend Mynnette over at Technique Tuesday has made that the challenge for July. So, with instructions in hand, supplies gathered up, and Joy taking a forced nap I set out to make this card and here it is:

OK, I admit, it was not as hard as I had convinced myself it would be, so I would recommend that you give it a try. I used K and Company Life’s Journey double sided 12x12 paper for this. I wanted it to look like a cascading flower garden with flowers from Prima and Inspired by Stamping. The sentiment is  a Sizzlets die cut.  I used SB Labels Eighteen and a Cut.Fold.Tuck flower medallion on the front panel. The butterfly is by SU! and the watering can is from Sizzlits Garden Delights.  The long green flourish is an old Sizzlits decorative flourish strip that I have had forever.  I just cut it to fit each section of the card. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch along the top of both sides.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my card! I hope to see you again soon.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR




I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]


Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Ellen, you ROCKED IT! LOVE all your flowers--and the paper you used is amazing! Gorgeous creation! :) Thanks for joining me at Technique Tuesday! ;D

Carol said...

Ellen this is beautiful card. I love that it looks just like a bouquet of flowers. The watering can is a nice touch and font is perfect.

Liz O. said...

Fabulous card Ellen! TFS new follower :)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Liz

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Ellen! That watering can detail is just toooo cute. Am very tempted to give it ago...but I'm scarrd, very scarrrd!

Jacqueline Muller said...

Oh, wow! Just fabulous! I saw you on Technique Tuesday. I am trying to make one my own... Good luck! (Crea)Jacqueline

Katy said...

Your card is so pretty! I love how you can see the pattern paper on the sides! :)

Nancy Seed said...

OMG this is absolutely stunning. Great job. What more can I say.

Carole said...

Smashing card beautiful details;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...