Friday, October 26, 2012

THE WORLD IS FULL OF BEAUTY

Happy FRIDAY!!!!! WOOT, WOOT. Well, Hurricane Sandy is bringing us a rainy day and weekend so maybe I will get some crafting done! For those of you in her path, please take care and pay attention to those alerts.

The technique challenge at Splitcoaststampers is “Cut it Up” and the theme at CASology is “wild” so I decided to try out my new stamps from Lavinia Stamps. This one called Tree Goddess “Luna” and, to me, she looks wild and free sitting on her tree limb in the moonlight.  I colored her wings with Gelly Roll pens and added gold rhinestones on her head. I punched a circle, masked and rubbed DI to make the moon. The sentiment is also from Lavinia Stamps. A few rhinestones scattered around in the sky give the illusion of stars.

I am entering this card in these challenges:

Splitcoaststampers: TLC400 ~ Cut It Up! ~

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x5.5″

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card very clever chopping up the picture. Caroline xxx

Ardyth said...

Love the fairy image and the beautiful harvest moon in the background - it highlights her perfectly! Thanks so much for going wild with us at CASology this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

There is a real magical feel about your card Ellen. I love the rhinestone stars!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous inking and lovely details. Thanks for playing along with CaSology this week!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the faux tile idea, Ellen! This is a fabulous scene to go with your amazing sentiment and I love your bits of bling! :)

Rosemary said...

wonderful take on the cue word!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I feel as though I'm looking out a window into the night at this pretty fairy. Great job on that technique!

Good luck in the storm, Ellen, and I pray you'll be safe. THanks for all the heartwarming comments you left at my blog lately....I really appreciate it! I've had such a hectic week, and am trying desperately to catch up on some blogs before 'Sandy' takes out our power! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...