Wednesday, December 26, 2012

WHEW TIME TO CATCH OUR BREATH!

Hello all my sweet friends! I sincerely hope you had a fantastic Christmas with your family and friends. We had a wonderful time and I had WAY too much to eat, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Today, I wanted to switch gears and share a card with you that uses quilling, and is not a holiday themed card!

To make the left panel, I used Distress Ink on an acrylic block and sprayed with water. I love the light pastel look it gave the paper. The right panel is embossed with an embossing folder and the two panels are mounted on purple cardstock and stitched around the edge. I then mounted the entire panel on pink cardstock.  A pretty ribbon and double bow was added down the middle and then I added my quilled flowers and vine.

If your weather is as bad as mine is today, I hope this card brings you a little ray of spring sunshine. 

CHALLENGE LINK

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #62 is Anything Goes & Ribbon.


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

5 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Merry Christmas, Ellen! Yes, we too had a wonderful holiday. And yes, time to catch our breath. What a great way to put it! So much running, so much frenzy before Christmas. We had two more gatherings here at our house today, and now the house is quiet. Aaaah.

Love these quilled flowers. They're a breath of fresh spring air!

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love the polka dot ribbon and your flowers you created!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Hugs
Heather

Donna Nuce said...

Merry Christmas Ellen! Love the quilled flowers. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

sandie said...

so pleased you had a good Xmas and this card did bring smile to my face especially that distress ink!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful Ellen, love the quilled flowers and your wonderful colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...