Saturday, November 23, 2013

CELEBRATE

Hi sweeties! Wow, I just got back from walking Joy and it is getting cold! It looks like after today we are going to have some chilly weather for about a week. Well, in the 40’s and to me that is chilly! This card was so much fun to make and it came to me as I was waking up one morning:

(A2; Stamps: Paper Smooches (Zoo Crew, Sentiment Sampler), Fiskar’s (Dot Flourishes); Dies: Paper Smooches (Zoo 1, Zoo 2); Inks: Smooches, Ranger Distress Stains, Memento)  

This week, Paper Smooches has a color challenge. After thinking about what to do, I woke up the other morning and thought the flourishes would look like a celebration, and I could use the challenge colors. The hippo and leaves were cut out using the new Zoo die cuts (I just love them!).

I am also entering this at Addicted to Stamps and More where they are looking for the use of markers. I used my Copics to color the hippo’s toes, tail and tongue, a Sakura gel pen for the eyelashes and a Pilot white opaque for the teeth.

Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenges

closes Nov 24

 Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #72 - MAKE YOUR MARK

closes Nov 26

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

6 comments:

WitchyFingers said...

Love your card, your swirls really caught my eye!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Hahaha....I missed this post....what a totally delightful card!

Pia S said...

What a fun card! The hippo looks so happy and it's such a sweet card!

Kylie said...

The hippo is so cute, Ellen! I love your background with all those flourishes and 'splats'!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE that little hippo!! And that background is perfect:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you play along this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:)

Deborah Frings said...

Such a fun card, that hippo is really cute. Sorry I'm so late commenting, busy week, however, thanks so much for playing along with ASM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...