Tuesday, December 2, 2014

FFC45: JOYOUS CHRISTMAS WISHES

Hello  friends! I’m back again with a quick post for the Festive Friday challenge:

(A2: Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Christmas Cactus); EF: StampinUp)

All of the papers, image and sentiment are from the Christmas Cactus set which has just been released at Doodle Pantry! For the pink layer, I dry embossed and then sanded gently. The Christmas Cactus is colored by hand with my Copics.

I just have to say the Christmas Cactus is my favorite Christmas plant! I have a huge one that has been in my family for generations! We believe the original plant would be over 100 years old now. The color is very similar to how I colored this one….oh heck, let me just show you!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! 

Here is a link to  the challenge in case you want to share in the fun!!!


And here is a link to the new Doodle Pantry release!

FREE WITH PURCHASE December 1 – December 24


Thanks for stopping by.
Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

4 comments:

Ardyth said...

You've captured that cactus perfectly with your gorgeous shading! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! See you in 2015!

!neke said...

Just a great job making that beautiful card !
Your plant is beautiful !

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Ellen, this card is so beautiful! Your coloring is right on! Love the pink. My mother-in-law has one of these plants and it is old - but wow! I had no idea they lived that long. How fun to have something like that in your family! What a treasure!! =) Great card!
Hugs, Sarah T

Geri said...

What a pretty image!!! And your layout frames it in perfectly!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...