I love making Christmas cards; in fact, I never get tired of Christmas! I was so happy to see that I could do a Christmas card for The Shabby Tea Room’s challenge for week 89: Colors of Nature…and here is my card:
…that is inspired by the colors in this photo:
There are so many fun things happening on this card! First, the crochet trim is a piece that I crocheted for this card and ran a red ribbon through it. The papers are from MME Lost & Found Christmas. I adore seam binding for my bows, and that is what seemed to fit this card to a T.
I wove that pretty little wreath using green satin ribbon and added a tag stamped with Rubber Stamp Tapestry’s "Believe" (Print) Stamp – Mini. The RST Noel (Noel Set) block stamp is embellished with their Cardinal Resting in Holly Set.
So why do I love Christmas so much? Well, to me it means peace, love, family, joy, and friends. What is better than being with family and friends? I just hope the weather will be colder for Christmas. These warm days are making it hard to realize Christmas is just around the corner.
I have more Christmas cards coming your way so please feel free to let me know what you think of this one and check back for more!
Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.
I hope you like my card and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….
- MME Lost and Found Christmas
- 1.5 x 2” (4 times)
- 5 x 7”
- 2 1/2 x 5”
- 1 x 5” strip
- White paper scrap for “believe” sentiment
- Jim Holtz Distress Ink – Antique Linen
- Fiskar’s Edger
- Circle punch
- Red satin ribbon
- Crochet trim
- Light Green Rhinestones (MME)
- Green satin ribbon
- Red seam binding
- Gold half-pearls
- Red rhinestone
- Cut all paper
- Use green satin ribbon to make a wreath. A video tutorial is available here
- Use RST’s "Believe" (Print) Stamp – Mini on scrap piece of white paper to make sentiment for wreath. Using a circle punch, center the word “believe” in the circle and punch.
- Distress the edge of the circle with distress ink.
- Adhere to back of wreath, centering the word believe.
- Decorate the wreath with small gold half-pearls and set aside.
- With the Noel (Noel Set) stamp one letter on each of the 1.5 x 2” pieces
- Embellish each of the letters with the Cardinal Resting in Holly Set.
- Use edger to cut a design into the strip
- Adhere the 2 1/2 x 5” panel to the 5 x 7” panel.
- Adhere the punched strip along the edge of the 2 1/2 x 5” panel overlapping the 5 x 7” panel
- Run a piece of red stain ribbon through the upper portion of the crochet trim.
- Adhere crochet trim across the lower 3rd of the entire panel
- Attach the NOEL lettered pieces
- Add the wreath in the upper right corner
- Add rhinestones and bow.