Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TSTR Week #86–HOMESPUN FALL

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you had a Happy Halloween. Ours was cold and rainy, but today has been GORGEOUS! Sunshine, blue skies and 65 degrees at the moment. You just can’t ask for more for November first.

This week, the shabby girls over at The Shabby Tea Room have a delightful inspiration photo for Week #86 – Homespun Fall.  More beautiful fall colors to inspire us to bigger and better projects.  I need a box to hold my little crochet goodies as I finish them so I decided to make a box for the challenge this week, and here it is:

TSTR 86 Homspun Fall

and a big thanks to the girls at TSTR for this inspiration:

That photo just screams “warm, cozy home” to me!  So I’m happy to be making something for my Fall house decorations. 

This box is 6 x 6 x 3” and is made from cardstock and paper.   Here is a better picture of the top decorations:

TSTR 86 Homspun Fall3

The pumpkins are both made from paper and the flowers are my little crochet creations.  The leaves are fussy cut and the ribbon is wired so it will hold it’s shape and stay in place.  I love how this turned out! Here is a close up of my flowers:

TSTR 86 Homspun Fall4

I am so thrilled with how they turned out! I can’t wait to get started on more flowers. Can you tell I am having fun making them? LOL

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details for making this box, please scroll down.

I hope you like my little box creation and will let me know by leaving comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….

signatureNew_thumb

Recipe_thumb

PAPER

  • MOXXIE
    • Seasons of Change 12x12
    • Shades of Autumn 12x12
  • MME
    • Abbey Road 12x12
  • Textured cardstock 2 pieces 12x12

TOOLS

  • Scoring Board
  • Circle punches: 1 3/8” and 3”
  • Paper cutter

ACCESSORIES

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Use the 2 paper punches on the MME 12x12 paper and punch 9 circles of each size
  2. Use the paper cutter to snip off one edge of each circle to give a flat surface for the bottom of the pumpkins. (I stacked the paper and cut so it would be the same)
  3. Cut 2 small pieces of green ribbon
  4. Fold the circles in half and glue them together (3” circles make the large pumpkin and 1 3/8” circles make the small one)
  5. As you are gluing the pieces, slip the green ribbon in the top to make the stem.
  6. I used Distress Ink on the glued edges to add depth and dimension to the pumpkins.
  7. I wanted my box to be fairly sturdy so I glued the Moxxie paper to the pieces of cardstock.
  8. Using the scoring board, score the paper and make the box. I used the Martha Stewart scoring board. There are instructions and even a video on box making at this link: http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/marthastewartcrafts/Projects/Holly_and_Pine_Embellished_Gift_Box.htm
  9. Make your bow and attach to lid.
  10. Adhere all other items to lid.

MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb

2 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

So, so gorgeous!! I would love to receive this fabulous box! Who wouldn't?!! Love that fabulous pumpkin and those handmade flowers are awesome! Great work!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

Melissa Thank you so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...