Friday, December 30, 2011

MOJO MONDAY MM 221

Happy Friday to all my crafty friends! Today is so gorgeous outside I had a hard time bringing myself to come in and write this blog.  Sweater weather is my favorite weather for it is not too hot nor too cold and a nice cozy sweater is just perfect.  The sun is out and the sky is so blue and pretty today.

Today’s card is a New Year’s card for our son.  It is inspired by the Mojo Monday sketch MM221.

Here is my card….

Image3

…and here is the sketch

I thought this was a perfect LO for my Inspired by Stamping stamp set and MME papers. 

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….
MySignature
Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS
  • Inspired by Stamping
    • Ahoy Matey stamp set

PAPER

  • MME Paris & Co
    • 5 x 1/2” strip
  • Dark Blue 10 x 5” folded to form base
  • Brown 5 x 1/2” strip and scraps for medallions
  • Beige 4 3/4 x 4 3/4”
INKS
  • VersaColor
    • Celadon
    • Pinecone
    • Bark
    • Indigo
TOOLS
  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Lacey Circles
  • Sewing Machine
  • EK Success 1 3/8” circle punch

ACCESSORIES

  • Buttons
  • Twine
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut all paper
  2. Cut Lacey Circle using Spellbinders and Big Shot
  3. Punch circle
  4. Glue strips together and then use sewing machine to stitch edges
  5. Stitch around edge of beige panel
  6. Use Ahoy Matey stamp set on beige panel and on circle
  7. Use a scrap of white paper to make a small medallion for the year. Back it with brown paper and scissor trim to size.
  8. Adhere white circle to Lacey Circle
  9. Attach all panels to card.
  10. Add buttons, twine, sentiment

MyShabbyBlogsDividerH

2 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

A gorgeous card, your colour scheme is so simple and effective - beautiful. I love the way you write your instructions too

Maria said...

Wow! Lovely card, Ellen! The ship image is very beautiful! Love the doily die, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Take care and Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...