Tuesday, January 3, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #102 and CAS-ual Fridays CFC33

Happy 2012 to all my blog friends! I’m so excited today because my ankle has been deemed good to go!!!! No more ugly boot or bulky brace, just good old shoes. 

I’m also excited because I found a new challenge blog that fits what I have been looking for.  It is Operation Write Home’s blog site called Stars and Stamps.  When I started blogging and doing challenges, I started wondering what to do with all of these cards. Then my son joined the Army and I started thinking about providing cards for deployed service people to use to stay in touch with their families back home.  Plus I love challenges, so I wanted to find a challenge that was specifically for card donations.  And there it was! Stars and Stamps!!! So this is my first submission in their challenge. 

I am also entering this card in CAS-ual Fridays CFC33. I know, my CAS cards are not really very CAS but here is another stab at it….

CFC33

I think this is probably the most CAS I have ever gotten and it was hard to not add more to the card.  I do love Liquid Pearls and feel they worked perfectly on this card.

CFC33_2

I also add an insert inside since the card base is a dark color.

CFC33_3

This is something new for me! I received some Flower Soft for Christmas and wanted to try it on this card.  I do like the tactile stimuli and the visual texture that it adds to the card.

The OWH sketch….

Did I tackle the sketch? I think so; do you?

and the CFC33 challenge……

CFC33: Create a Clean And Simple project using Kraft and Twine.

Kraft? check………Twine? check……Is it CAS??? What do  you think?

Also entered in these challenges:

The Squirrel and The Fox Challenge #8 Something New

Cupcake Craftroom January 2012 Challenge

Creative Inspirations Paint Something New

Robyn’s Fetish Challenge # 88 Anything Goes

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….
MySignature
Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS

  • Hero Arts sentiment

PAPER

  • DCWV Once Upon a Time Mat Stack
    • 5.25 x 4
  • Craftwell Blueberry
    • 11 x 4.25 folded to create card base
    • .25 x 3,75 strip
  • Kraft 4.5 x 3.75
  • White scrap for flower punch
INKS
  • VersaColor
    • Lapislazuli

TOOLS

  • McGill Super Giant Punch Flower
  • Big Shot
  • EK Success corner punch

ACCESSORIES

  • Blue/White Twine
  • Liquid Pearls Baby Blue
  • Button
  • Sizzix Embossing Folder
  • Flower Soft Delphinium Blue
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut all paper
  2. Use corner punch on bottom 2 corners of base and panels
  3. Use Big Shot and emboss top part of Kraft paper
  4. Punch flower
  5. Spread Flower Soft glue over entire flower
  6. Sprinkle Flower Soft over flower and set aside for glue to dry
  7. Attach twine and Blueberry strip to Kraft panel
  8. Drop Liquid Pearls above the blue strip
  9. When glue is dry, shake flower over paper to remove all loose Flower Soft
  10. Add button and Liquid Pearls to flower
  11. Attach all panels to base.
  12. Adhere flower to Kraft panel
  13. Stamp sentiment at bottom of Kraft panel.

 

MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th

13 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I think you rocked the challenge, and all for a great cause too! Thanks so much for the tips on the pearls, I'll try tapping the paper next time! I joined your blog and would love someone as helpful as yourself joining mine!

Paula S. said...

Beautiful card! Such a striking color combination and so much nice texture and depth too. I am so glad you found Operation Write Home and the Stars & Stamps blog. Welcome!

Paula S.
OWH Blog Team
www.operationwritehome.org

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Love the embossing , flower soft and terrific color choices. Welcome to OWH from another Army Mom.

Yolanda D
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ellen, I *definitely* think this is CAS! And I love your fuzzy flower using your new goodies. :)

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very glad you found us - did you check out Wednesday's challenge also - love the addition of the pearls and the flower soft.

Barb Housner
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Julie said...

Lovely card, Ellen! I like how your three horizontal strips are three different things! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge and welcome to OWH!

Susan said...

Lovely CAS card! It looked kind of Gold-ish (autumn) until I read it was kraft, NICE color combo, and I like how you did the 3 strips for the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog. :)
Susan G (DT)

You may want to consider using comment moderation vs. word verification (more visitor friendly) especially since it is the sneaky kind of word verification, LOL

Linda said...

Great card...love all the textures and colors! TFS!!!

BarbaraW said...

Great card for a great cause. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints challenge.

Edwina said...

I love your card! The embossing is really pretty and accents the card wonderfully. The flower with flower soft is so pretty. Thank you for playing alone with Robyn's Fetish challenge. Edwina Brown

Margaret said...

This is so pretty, especially the flower w/ flower soft! Your three stripes are so creative too!
Wonderful job with the sketch!
BTW-found your blog through The Squirrel and the Fox!

Liliya said...

What a cute and lovely idea!! So pretty! Thanks for joining Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog! xx Lilia DT

Tracey said...

This is a lovely card. I just bought some flower soft for the first time too, so I hope I do as well on my first attempt as you have. Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox, I hope to see you there again soon,
Tracey
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...