Monday, January 16, 2012

MISS YOU!

Hi dear friends! Is your mojo moving this Monday morning?  I know mine is; now if I could just get Joy to cooperate it would be a perfect morning!  I am still exploring all of the new-to-me challenges over at Splitcoaststampers where there are enough challenges to keep me busy all week long!  If you have been following my blog you know I am committed to sending cards to our troops via Operation Write Home, and this one is no exception. It is destined to my little box of cards that I hope will be full enough to send soon.

My card today is for the SCS FS258 and CAS-ual Fridays CFC35 challenges…and here it is:

Miss You

I love using pastels, but I can never get the picture to look as pretty as the card in real life.  This card stock is a gorgeous lavender color giving this card a sweet, soft look.

Miss You2

This stamp is from Inspired by Stamping’s All Year Wishes II stamp set.

Miss You3

I chose to use this Cuttlebug embossing folder so that the embossing goes down the sides as well as across the top.

The challenge was to choose one of the Featured Stamper’s cards and CASE it. This week, Holstein is the Featured Stamper and the card above is the one I chose to CASE. I was so intrigued by the Spellbinder, I just had to try it.  I actually changed a lot of things about this card. I embossed 3 sides instead of 1, I used lavender instead of pink, I used a round Lacey Circle Spellbinder instead of the Beaded Ovals, and my bow is placed differently. However, I think it is still obvious that I used this card as my inspiration.  I love this card and the technique, so I’m sure I will be using it again.

CFC35:  Create a Clean And Simple project with scallops!  Both the Lacey Circle die and the Fiskar’s border have scallops.

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS

PAPER

  • eCraft Diecutable Card Stock (65 lb)
    • 8 12 x 4 14 (Candied Violet color) 
    • 3” scrap for heart
  • Coordinating scrap from my scrap pile for the scalloped border

INKS

  • VersaColor
    • Violet
    • Heliotrope

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders
    • Lacey Circles
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Sizzlits Heart, #2
  • Fiskar’s border punch Sunburst

ACCESSORIES

  • Gingham ribbon
  • Wright’s Creative Creations trim
  • Purple rhinestones

 

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Position the Spellbinder die and cut 1/2 of it using Big Shot, then emboss the entire die.
  2. Use paper cutter to carefully remove paper at end of die cut so that half of the circle pops out from the rest of the card
  3. Fold card stock so that the circle edge is even with the back of the card.
  4. Emboss the card with Cuttlebug embossing folder
  5. Use Big Shot to cut heart using Sizzlits Heart #2.
  6. Stamp heart with Miss You sentiment in Violet Versacolor.
  7. Sponge edge of heart using Heliotrope Versacolor
  8. Punch out Sunburst border and attach to card
  9. Attach Wright’s trim along edge, at top of border
  10. Adhere gingham ribbon from top of card to center of circle. 
  11. Adhere heart sentiment
  12. Make bow and add to top of ribbon. 
  13. Add rhinestones.
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

4 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

What a lovely card Ellen, beautiful colour and the details are great. That will certainly make someone's day

Dana said...

This is just so pretty Ellen. I love lavender and your inking really brings it out. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Such a beauty! That purple is a lovely color. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color! Love the ribbon running down the middle to meet that scalloped circle :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...