Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MY HEART “TWINES” FOR YOU

OK maybe that should have been pines, but who cares! This card is all about twine and finding creative ways to use it.  I have never used a lot of twine, and didn’t even have any of that cute baker’s twine on hand so I am using some hemp twine for this card.  I have used twine in place of a ribbon on cards, but that is it, so I had to figure out something different for this one which is being submitted to four (4) different challenges. 

I am going to show the card first and then discuss the challenges after you see my card.

I Miss You Twine

This card is made using beautiful card stock from Craftwell’s eCraft 65 lb card stock.  For added texture, I used white velvet paper over the red panel.

I Miss You Twine2

The twine is some hemp twine I had in my stash. For this heart, I use a Sizzlits and my Big Shot to cut the Primitive heart #2. I then added double sided tape and wrapped the twine around the heart shape and finished with pearls.

I Miss You Twine3

On this panel I made the letter “I” using twine and a rhinestone

I Miss You Twine4

And on this panel, I wrapped the twine in a circle and then formed petals of the flower. I finished it with a pearl in the center.

 

Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps had this sketch for Sketch #104 so I used it for this card. Sketch used? Check!

Stars and Stamps also had this challenge: Our challenge theme this week is “Floral Fantasy”.  We challenge you to make cards with flowers on them for our heroes to send home to their family and friends!  So, check. Flower on card!

And Stamp School had a color challenge. I didn’t have their colors, so I came as close as I could with what I had on hand. Colors on card? Check!

TLC360 ~ Twine it Up!! ~ (1/16/12)….my challenge is to Twine it up!! Wrap twine around something for a solid look, use it to outline something, or create a flower, grass, or a sun with it....just be creative and have fun!! You can use any kind of twine, thread, or cording...use what you have!! Of course I am doing Splitcoaststampers, and the technique challenge is all about twine. Twine on card? Check!

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today and will leave comments before you leave! Thanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS

PAPER

  • Craftwell
    • 5 1/4 x 4
    • 5 1/8 x 1 7/8
    • 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 (x3)
    • 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 for Sizzlits
  • White velvet paper 5 x 1 3/4

INKS

  • VersaColor
    • Burgundy

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Sizzlits
    • wavy box
    • primitive heart, #2

ACCESSORIES

  • Lace ribbon
  • Blue Pearls
  • Red rhinestone

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cut all paper
  2. Use Big Shot and cut Sizzlits wavy box and primitive heart
  3. Stamp sentiment in center of wavy box.
  4. Cover heart with double sided tape
  5. Start at top center of heart and wrap twine along the outer edge working in to the center.
  6. Add blue pearls
  7. Using twine, form a circle and add glue dot under it. Then form flower petals
  8. Finish flower with a blue pearl
  9. Add a small scrap of twine in front of “Miss you” on the sentiment tag.
  10. Add a red rhinestone to dot the “I”
  11. Attach lace to base panel
  12. Adhere panel to card front
  13. Adhere red panel, white velvet panel, then 3 blue panels.
  14. Add the embellishments to 1st and last panel.
  15. Add the sentiment panel to the center
  16. Add bow and finish with another blue pearl
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

11 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Ellen, twine! never would have thought of it! This is such a cool card, I love your colour scheme too

Paula S. said...

What a fun, creative way you used the twine in this! Nice interpretation of this week's OWH sketch challenge.

Samantha Taylor said...

What a beautiful card! Such a fun, creative use of twine. Thanks so much for playing along with the color challenge at Stamp School!

Lee Mae said...

Great, fun card! Really cool how you used twine on every panel. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps this week!
Lee Mae Operation Write Home MTW Assistant

Linda said...

Love the flower and heart! Great embellies! TFS!!!

Judy Rozema said...

I am glad you joined in the TLC and Stamp School challenges, Ellen! Your twine in the heart is so neat looking! Love the flower too!! I hope you will play in the next TLC too (I am hosting!). Great job with the sketch also - you rocked your challenges!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

I love your cards and the creative ways you found to use your twine.

Dixie Cochran said...

Ellen, I'm so impressed with your twine card. WOW! What a clever idea!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Ellen! This is really a cute card! Thanks for playing along with the Art Room Challenge at Stamp School!

Maria said...

Yes, very creative use of twine...love it! The heart and flower are fabulous! Such a lovely card for valentine's day...great job! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!:-))

Amber said...

Wowzers Ellen! LOVE what you did with twine, just fabulous. Your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp School : )
Hugs
Amber (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...