Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MY FIRST VIVA LA VERVE

Hi all my blogging friends! I’m so happy you stopped by today. 

I made this card for Operation Write Home and thought it would be cute for one of our troops to send back home to a child that has accomplished something special.  I do enjoy making cards for these guys and gals who have sacrificed so much by being away from their loved ones.  I know I am much more aware of this sacrifice now that my Son has joined the US Army. He will be leaving in about a month for Basic Training. I am so proud of him and at the same time so scared, but I know this will be good for him.

I have never played in the Viva La Verve challenges, so this is my first one! I don’t have any Verve stamps to use, but I have ordered them and hope to be able to use them by next week!!!! Well, let me show you the card first, then we’ll see the sketch from VLV for their January 2012 week 4 challenge..

verve

This sweet little card is on watercolor paper that has been colored using Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink and then embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

verve2

The helicopter is from Inspired by Stamping Kids Fun stamp set. I embossed the image and cut it out, then colored it. I wanted the helicopter to have a metallic look, but I’m not sure it worked out. The clouds are from Memory Box and a couple of them are mounted on dimensional dots.

image

This is the wonderful sketch from Verve. Week 4 of each month is a CAS challenge, and since I am trying to learn to create CAS cards, I wanted to make sure I do their challenges.

Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today.  I do so enjoy reading your comments so please leave some love!!! SmileThanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS

  • Inspired by Stamping
    • Kids Fun
  • Hero Arts (You Did It)

PAPER

  • Card stock
    • 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 folded for base
  • Water Color paper
    • 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
    • scrap for helicopter
  • MME Paris & Co
    • 5/12 x 2
    • scrap for clouds

TOOLS

  • Memory Box
    • Quinn Flourish

  • Cuttlebug embossing folder

ACCESSORIES

  • Gold pearls
  • Stars

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cut all paper
  2. Heat emboss the helicopter onto the watercolor paper
  3. Use Big Shot and cut Memory Box die cuts
  4. Color helicopter with markers
  5. Use Broken China Distressing Ink on a clear acrylic block
  6. Spray a little water on it and spread on watercolor paper
  7. Repeat 5 & 6 until you get the coverage you prefer
  8. Emboss watercolor paper with Cuttlebug Circles folder
  9. Stamp sentiment on MME strip
  10. Attach strip to watercolor paper.
  11. Attach watercolor paper to card base
  12. Stamp MME strip with sentiment.
  13. Add pearls and stars
  14. Adhere strip to watercolor panel
  15. Adhere helicopter and clouds
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

This is so cute! That helicopter is a fabulous image--and I LOVE that large polka dot embossing folder! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...