Sunday, February 12, 2012

OWH VCMP Challenge #12: Boats & Ships

Hi again! Now on to Operation Write Home’s* VCMP Challenge #12: Boats and Ships Set sail and join in this challenge by creating a card with a BOAT OR SHIP image. If you missed my first post of today, you can click here to see it.

OWH VCMP12

The beautiful ship stamp is from Inspired by Stamping’s Ahoy Matey stamp set. I stamped it in Pinecone Versacolor Ink. If anyone has a solution to making sure the ink is even on a stamp like this, please let me know.

OWH VCMP12_3

I popped the ship and the frame up with dimensional dots.

OWH VCMP12_2

Lots of sponging and distressing on the papers to “age” them.

In addition to the OWH VCMP challenge, I made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image72222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card. I’m not sure this is a favorite of mine because I think it turned out a little dark. Please let me know what you think!

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[2]
STAMPS

  • Inspired by Stamping
    • Ahoy, Matey

PAPER – Recollections card stock, Craftwell card stock, K & Company

INK

  • VersaColor
    • Pinecone
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink
    • Antique Linen
    • Walnut Stain

TOOLS

  • Sewing Machine
  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Labels Two

ACCESSORIES

  • Brown plaid ribbon
  • Tan satin ribbon

  • Gold pearls

    MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

  • 3 comments:

    Mynn xx said...

    I LOVE this--the browns are awesome!!! And I LOVE those yellow pearls--I think I need to branch out into different colored pearls. Don't tell my DH... ;)

    Donna Hanley said...

    Great card for this challenge. It has a vintage look to it which I love.

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    Great job aging and distressing your papers! It looks soft to the touch, actually, the panel behind the ship.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...