Friday, February 10, 2012

OWH VCMP CHALLENGE 8: JUNGLE ANIMALS

Hello all my blogging friends. TGIF!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am falling behind on the VCMP, but hopefully I can catch up tomorrow.

This card is for the Operation Write Home’s* Stars and Stamps VCMP Challenge #8 Jungle Animals: make a card with the theme of JUNGLE ANIMALS - CARDS FOR KIDS.

OWH VCMP8_2

This cute little card is made using a digital stamp (pre-colored, I’m not yet confident I can color them LOL) from Digital Delights. The little guy is called Timmy and I think he is a doll. I did add the crazy little eyes that roll around. 

The tree is a Sizzix embossing folder. I embossed it, then outlined it with an embossing pen and heat embossed it, and then cut it out. I colored with markers.

The grass is just green card stock that I cut with my really sharp scissors. The sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping.

OWH VCMP8

I think it turned out pretty cute. What do you think?

image722

I also made this for Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today. Please feel free to leave comments because I really do enjoy reading them! Have a great evening!!

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[1]
STAMPS

  • Inspired by Stamping – Kids Fun
  • Digital Delights – Tim the Tiger

PAPER Recollections

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Sizzix embossing folder 
  • Fiskar’s embossing plate
  • EK corner rounder
  • Presto Punch & oval die
  • Heat tool

MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cute card. Great ideas.

airbornewife said...

Goodness gracious.. this is cute as can be. This is such a fun card, any kid ~ or adult, would love to receive it. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

Perfect kids card. I love the wiggle eyes.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

He is really cute, can I come out and play, love the color. The children will love it.

Maria said...

Very CUTE card! The tiger is just too adorable! Love all the bright colors! Love the huge branch with gorgeous leaves! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!:-))

Lee Mae said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! I love that tiger. (I have him too!) All the fussy cutting you have done and the embossing really is fabbulous.

Paula S. said...

What a fun card! The wiggle eyes are too cute. This is perfect for the Jungle Challenge.

Carol L said...

This is such a cute card, and I love those eye-catching branches!! Great jungle-themed card!

Mynn xx said...

What a darling tiger! LOVE the jungle scene you've created--and the gloss on the leaves is a fabulous touch! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...