Friday, February 10, 2012

OWH VCMP CHALLENGE 8: JUNGLE ANIMALS

Hello all my blogging friends. TGIF!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am falling behind on the VCMP, but hopefully I can catch up tomorrow.

This card is for the Operation Write Home’s* Stars and Stamps VCMP Challenge #8 Jungle Animals: make a card with the theme of JUNGLE ANIMALS - CARDS FOR KIDS.

OWH VCMP8_2

This cute little card is made using a digital stamp (pre-colored, I’m not yet confident I can color them LOL) from Digital Delights. The little guy is called Timmy and I think he is a doll. I did add the crazy little eyes that roll around. 

The tree is a Sizzix embossing folder. I embossed it, then outlined it with an embossing pen and heat embossed it, and then cut it out. I colored with markers.

The grass is just green card stock that I cut with my really sharp scissors. The sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping.

OWH VCMP8

I think it turned out pretty cute. What do you think?

image722

I also made this for Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today. Please feel free to leave comments because I really do enjoy reading them! Have a great evening!!

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[1]
STAMPS

  • Inspired by Stamping – Kids Fun
  • Digital Delights – Tim the Tiger

PAPER Recollections

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Sizzix embossing folder 
  • Fiskar’s embossing plate
  • EK corner rounder
  • Presto Punch & oval die
  • Heat tool

MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[2]

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...