Sunday, February 26, 2012

STAMP SCHOOL CHALLENGES

Hi to all my sweet blog friends! I am so happy you have chosen to come back for a visit.  I am still trying to catch up on my challenges, so I am again keeping this short. However, for those of you who enjoy my AROUND MY HOUSE/ON MY WALK section, I will have a goodie for you today.

 

Today’s card is for two challenges at Stamp School, but we’ll get into that after you see the card. I really think this is such a cute card for a little girl. It will be going into my Operation Write Home* box, and we desperately need cards that don’t have a sentiment so they can be used any time, so there is no sentiment on this card today.

SS Geometry Class 2_15_12_2

This is obviously a card for any little girl who has a loved one deployed. I know some sweetie will enjoy getting it.

SS Geometry Class 2_15_12_3

The stamp set is Hannah Flying a Kite, although for this card I chose the balloon that is in the set. I paper pieced it and popped it up with a dimensional dot. There is a tree in the set so I stamped the edge of the tree on the edge of the card. There is a small flower in the set so I stamped it 3 times at her hand to make a little posey. Please don’t look too closely at the coloring because coloring is definitely not my thing, and I don’t have those awesome Copics I see y’all using.

SS Geometry Class 2_15_12

The papers and the stamps are from Stamp School. If you have not checked them out, you should! This card stock is awesome! It is a very heavy card stock which is the type I enjoy working with.  The colors are so bright and vibrant, I know you will love working with it too! 

The gorgeous seam binding and lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbons.  Aren’t they beautiful? I don’t remember where the flower shaped button came from. I pulled it from my stash, but it was perfect for this card.

So this card completely took me out of my comfort zone. I think I have even said I would not color, but I won this set and really wanted to make a card for a little girl.  It was fun to make and overall, I think it worked.

ON MY WALK

Today, I have an “on my walk” treat for you.  Joy and I walk around the neighborhood and when we reach the back, there is a low-ground area that is near a creek. It stays pretty wet back there and the sounds are amazing. I wanted you to hear the sounds. It is like this every single time we walk by!  This video is very short, so please enjoy!

Can you hear my frogs???

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES

STAMP SCHOOL:

Art Room 2-13-12 Color Challenge

image

Geometry Class 2-15-12 Sketch challenge

image

In addition to these challenges, I made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image72222222222

…and Operation Write Home’s* Mother’s Day Challenge:

image32222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! Oh, if you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2

supplies_thumb2
STAMPS

  • Stamp School Hannah Flying a Kite

PAPER – Stamp School Razzleberry, Cotton Candy. Craftwell card stock

INK

  • I used some markers to color this but I don’t know the manufacturer

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Lacey Circles

ACCESSORIES

  • Really Reason Ribbons – Petal Pink Seam Binding & Sophia Natural Crochet Lace
  • Green Seam Binding

  • Ranger Liquid Pearls – Petal Pink

  • Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Peeled Paint

  • White pearls

  • dividerNew_thumb

    3 comments:

    Samantha Taylor said...

    I LOVE how you colored Hannah on this card! Her shirt is especially cute, and I love how you pieced the balloon! Thanks for taking the time to play along at Stamp School!

    Rochelle Sodipo said...

    You nailed these challenges! You made Hannah look so cute! :) Thanks for playing with us at Stamp School!

    Vicki Dutcher said...

    Congrats on your win over st Stamp School - such a cute Hannah card!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...