Monday, March 5, 2012

OWH MARCH ODBD CHALLENGE

Hello sweet friends! Well, the day has come and gone, and so has our son. He is either on his way to Ft. Benning or already there.  I wonder how he felt at 04:30 this morning when they made him get up?  LOL I know I’m glad I don’t have to get up that early!  All those years of working, I got up at 05:00 5 days a week.  I do not miss that at all!
Today’s card was so much fun to make.  I decided to play around with a digital package from Doodle Pantry called  Cocoa Ants.  I will be entering it in several challenges, but I’ll go into that later. Let’s check out the card:
OWH ODBD 3_2012_2
I have seen these little ant digi’s before and think they are really cute, so I chose this one to play with.  The papers on the two strips are also from the set.  The two big panels are card stock from Craftwell. They matched so perfectly I just had to use them!  The yellow-gold panel was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and then rubbed with Broken China Distress Ink to highlight the circles.
OWH ODBD3_2012
Here is a close-up of the digi. It is a pre-colored one so I can’t take credit for the coloring.  I did use a Sakura Gelly Roll pen to color the edge of the tag which is Spellbinders Labels Eighteen.  Beaded Ovals and Fancy Labels are beneath.
OWH ODBD 3_2012_3
The sentiment is also from the set.  The flowers are Prima and the border punch is from EK Success.  I actually like how this card turned out! I might have to try some more of these digi’s!!
AROUND MY HOUSE:
I know I have been talking about my son quite a bit but I have never shown you his picture.  I made him let me take a picture just before we left for the recruiters office, and of course he had to be silly, but I will share it anyway.
Grant leaving for Army 3_4_2012
He decided before Christmas that he was not going to get another haircut until the Army cuts it, so he looks pretty scruffy here!  He is my baby, so we have an empty nest here now.  Well, almost empty; we have Joy to keep us entertained now!!!
NOW FOR THOSE CHALLENGES:
Operation Write Home* March ODBD Challenge TIC-TAC-TOE ~ Choose three elements that are in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally and incorporate them on your card. I chose Digi stamp/Layers/Embossing.
Operation Write Home* Sketch Challenge #111
image
Make My Monday SPRING FLOWERS
DOODLE PANTRY DIGITAL CHALLENGE 21THEME: Use a Doodle Pantry image
(NOT just a sentiment)
In addition to these challenges, I made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.
image72222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb
supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS
  • Doodle Pantry Cocoa Ants
PAPER – Craftwell card stock and Doodle Pantry digital paper
INK
  • Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink
TOOLS
  • Spellbinders
    • Labels Eighteen
    • Beaded Ovals
    • Fancy Tags
  • EK Success border punch
  • Sizzix embossing folder
  • Big Shot
ACCESSORIES

  • Prima flowers 
  • Bisque Liquid Pearls
  • Yellow satin ribbon
  • Blue rhinestones
    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb
  • 20 comments:

    Bernardine Cuttino said...

    Ellen, I love your take on the sketch. Beautiful, how your utilizied the strips with the matting and flowers. very nice. Thanks for joining in the fun at OWH Star & Strips weekly challenge.

    Carol L said...

    What an amazing creation with all those cute little ants busy busy busy! Really cute card, and a great photo of your son! I wish him well in his military career :)

    Mynn xx said...

    Ellen!!! YEA! :) LOVE the colors you've used on this--the sentiment is fabulous and your image is colored so amazingly! Thanks for joining us this week at MMM, and for being a loyal STL participant! :) {{{HUGS}}}

    L.Wilson said...

    This card is absolutely adorable! I just love the darling details and all the special dies you used on the matching digi papers. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 21!

    Donna Hanley said...

    I love that little image with the ants and your card is nice and colorful. Great picture of your son. I wish him the best.

    AllisonG said...

    Ellen, first off let me say, THANKS for supporting your son in the military AND for making cards for OWH. I, too, make cards for OWH. Now, let me say, I just love the different layers of dies you put behind the image - just beautiful! And finally, thanks for playing along at DPDC21 this month! I just love those mischievous lil' ants.

    Redanne said...

    What a lovely colourful card, love the little ants! Very best wishes to your Son (and you, his family).

    Julie said...

    Lovely card, Ellen! I like how you layered the fancy labels beneath your image. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    Glenda Atkins said...

    Fabulous , love all the details you added to the card plus of course the charming image, glad you could join us this month at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #21. Love the card!

    Donna said...

    Love your card! The pattern papers are darling. Love the layout too. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry challenge.

    Linda said...

    I always admire people who can use all those extra embellishments to create a wonderful card! TFS!!!

    Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

    you did a beautiful job on your card - very cute image - love all the layers. thanks for supporting OWH

    Good luck to your son

    Barb Housner

    Dawn Frost said...

    This is one of the few ant stamps that I haven't played with yet, I just adore the little critters, lol! You did a fantastic job on the card. I love the layers and flowers. Thanks for joining us for DPDC#21

    Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

    Hello Ellen, a lovely vibrant card and that image made me smile...so all good! Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week!

    Pat (mspfd) said...

    This is spectacular. Gorgeous take on the DPDC. Thanks so much for joining us!

    Glittered Paws said...

    How cute is this - I have this image but have not used it yet - now I have some inspiration.

    Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your entire composition....the textures, the colors, the papers...EVERYTHING...I will need to somehow CASE this without having those exact papers...thank you for the wonderful inspiration and congrat to your son to help protect us. My youngest will be leaving the next this early FAll. My DH and I will be spending many a day staring at each other...haha

    Elizabeth Hart said...

    Wow the color composition and all the details on your card are perfect. Such a fun card. I love it - thanks for sharing it with us at the Doodle Pantry Challenge.

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    What a good sketch, and I love the papers and colors you picked to fill it out.

    Your son is cute! He's got a nice smile. I'll bet he looks so different now with the buzz cut.

    Desert Rose Stamper said...

    Ellen, please give my thanks to your son for stepping up and joining the military. I support you as a Mom with your baby going off -- it is not an easy thing to do as a parent. -- Now to your wonderful card -- you put lots of work in this card -- I do love that digi - I like all the layering and embellishments you added too. The flowers are a nice touch too.

    Please keep us updated on your son.

    Sharon S.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...