Saturday, April 7, 2012

OCS CHALLENGE BOY/MEN

Hey all!!! I am back from my trip to my Mom’s and starting up some cards again.  Joy went with me and boy did we have fun. This was her first road trip, and after I found out she gets car sick, I was able to give her some medicine and all was well again!

GrantCongrats3

I took the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 class and learned so much! I took it because I am trying to make cards with lots of texture, color, and depth but not much dimension.  You all know I make almost all of my cards for Operation Write Home* so I need to make them as flat as possible.  This card is not going to them, however it is going to a Soldier; my Son!  His unit made it through Red Phase into White Phase in Basic Combat Training (BCT) and I wanted to congratulate him with a masculine card.

GrantCongrats

The base is MME DSP, but the rest is my design using Tim Holtz Distress products, Stamper’s Best, Stampendous! and Hampton Art stamps, buttons, twine, and eyelets. 

The Stampendous! Postal stamp was first stamped on white card stock using Adirondack’s Rock Candy Acrylic Paint Dabber.  Then the Wrinkle Free Distress technique was used with Distress Stains to add the color.  After I dried the paper, I used Distress Ink pads and added similar colors with a blending tool. The Hampton Arts numbers stamp was inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink and stamped onto the paper.  I added Perfect Pearls in Bronze over the numbers and sprayed with water to get the color to “run” out from under the Perfect Pearls.  The gears stamp is from Stamper’s Best and was stamped on some gold toned MME DSP.  I also distressed it with Distress Ink and a blending tool.  The sentiment was stamped with Stazon black. Three buttons, three eyelets and some twine complete the panel.  Attach it to the base and attach base to card.

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

I also made this card for:

One Crazy Stamper’s April Challenge: OCS BOYS/MEN

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to my son.image72222222222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th
STAMPS

  • Stamper’s Best, Stampendous! and Hampton Art

PAPER – Recollections card stock, MME DSP

TOOLS

  • Heat tool
  • Blending tool
  • Crop-a-dile

INK – Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Stains, Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber, Stazon, Perfect Pearls

ACCESSORIES

  • Buttons
  • Eyelets
  • Twine
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

    4 comments:

    Pat K said...

    Hi Ellen,
    I love your card and nice touch with the eyelets and twine. I'm sure your Son will love it. Hugs, Pat K.

    Donna Nuce said...

    Wow fabulous card. Love the background inking!

    Mynn xx said...

    This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your do vintage with flair, girl! LOVE the fabulous collage stamping!!! :)

    Madge H. said...

    Absolutely love this card. You have done a fabulous job on the colors. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    Thanks for joining the challenge at OCS - and good luck.
    ~ rubber hugz ~
    Madge

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...