Tuesday, April 10, 2012

OWH SKETCH CHALLENGE 116

Hi sweeties! How are you tonight? Oh my, I had so much fun making cards today.  I haven’t had a chance to take pictures, but hopefully tomorrow I can start sharing them with you. 

This card I am sharing today is the last one I made on Sunday.  I used the Operation Write Home* Stars and Stamps blog Sketch Challenge 116.  I realized I am very far behind on the Father’s Day challenge because I am going to be out of town next week visiting my daughter, so in order to try to get some cards done quickly, I am using more digis than usual.  Today’s digi is from Doodle Pantry and comes from their Sombrero Hat pre-colored package.

OWH sketch 113

The papers are digital from the same package so this made it a quick and simple card.

OWH sketch 113_2

Some beautiful purple Craftwell card stock was used to layer this card. A few buttons and some jute twine complete it.  I don’t know…. I think it could be used for a masculine card. What do you think?

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH Stars and Stamps: Sketch Challenge 116

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image72222222222222222222

image3

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[2]
STAMPS

  • Doodle Pantry

PAPER – Recollections card stock, Doodle Pantry

TOOLS

  • 3” Circle Punch

INK – None

ACCESSORIES

  • Various buttons
  • Jute twine
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

    9 comments:

    Cynthia T said...

    This sombrero hat card is the best! The bright colors remind me of Mexico and I can practically hear
    the mariachi music ;) Love the clever way you put it all together. Wow!

    gabby2057 said...

    I think it would be great fo masculine card. Bright and cheerful really like it

    Linda said...

    Someone is going to love this...love that sentiment! TFS!!!

    Dixie Cochran said...

    Your sketch card is a party on a card!!! Love it!!

    JoAnn Ross said...

    Fiesta Time!! Now I really want to go to Mexico. Or at least have a margarita! Great card and the colors are truly a fiesta on a card.

    JoAnn Ross said...

    I don't know if my comment got through the first time, so I'm trying again. . .

    Fiesta time!!! Those papers are so perfect and bright and everything about that card makes me want to take off to Mexico on this gray and rainy Pacific Northwest day. (Or at least have a margarita, lol) It truly is a fiesta on a card and whoever gets it will love it!

    Paula S. said...

    What a fun, colorful card! Great job with this week's OWH sketch challenge. Safe and happy traveling to you!

    Sarah said...

    All keep thinking is "Ole" love it!

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    Gosh, I've missed so many of your posts, Ellen! Just had to stop and say hello, and tell you all your creations are just lovely, but this one made me smile BIG! That big sombrero is neat-o.

    I've been working away at Christmas cards (yes, Xmas) for the Paper Crafts call. It ends in a few days, so I'm just crafting a storm here.

    Have a wonderful weekend, when it gets here. :) Hugs!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...