Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MORE OWH SKETCH 116

Hi girlies!  Wow, I realized yesterday that I am going to be gone all of next week and our Father’s Day/Masculine cards are due to Operation Write Home by April 30th!!!!! OMG!!

I have started trying to make cards faster, and had good results yesterday.  Today, was one of those days that things just did not work out.  Thank goodness I still have cards to post from yesterday!  These are for the Operation Write Home  Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge 116.

OWH Sketch 116 4_11_2

OWH Sketch 116 4_11_1OWH Sketch 116 4_11_3OWH Sketch 116 4_11_4

The sentiment on the first card is from Inspired by Stamping’s Ahoy, Matey set. The second one is from some old decals that I have and I don’t remember where they came from.

These adorable images and digital papers are from Clear Dollar Stamps and they are pre-colored. The paper on the first card and some of the paper on the second card is from my stash pile.  The hot dog/smores paper and the light panel strip are digi papers from CDS.  Both cards use OWH’s Sketch 116. Some buttons, twine, chipboard and eyelets complete both cards.

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH Stars and Stamps: Sketch Challenge 116

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image722222222222222222222

image32

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[1]
STAMPS

  • Clear Dollar Stamps
  • Inspired by Stamping

PAPER – Clear Dollar Stamps, stash

TOOLS

  • 3” Circle Punch

INK – None

ACCESSORIES

  • Various buttons
  • Jute twine
  • Eyelets
  • Chipboard 

    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

  • 8 comments:

    Dixie Cochran said...

    Wowzers!! These are terrific cards for dads! Great use of the sketch this week!!

    Linda said...

    Yowzers...lots of details! Adore the colors used in the first! TFS!!!

    Linda said...

    Wowzers...so much detail in both cards. Great rich colors and sweet images. TFS!!!

    Sarah said...

    Wow...this a fabulous. The hotdog/smore paper is hilarious :)

    Mynn xx said...

    These are fabulous, Ellen!!! LOVE the bright colors along with the distressed feel! LOVE them! :) Hope you had a fabulous Easter, and have a good week off next week! :)

    JoAnn Ross said...

    I am beyond in love with these! When I give writing workshops, I always tell writers that when a story slows down, you need to put another bear in the canoe. AND YOU DID! lol They are really so special!

    I also love your Joy. We always adopt rescues, and one of our sweetest dogs, was Peggy, a black cocker we adopted when she was pregnant. We've had many dogs since, and I've loved them all, but I still miss her.

    Lee Mae said...

    Great cards - the image, papers, and elements look terrific! I like how you used the current layout too. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    Donna Hanley said...

    Ellen, these are fabulous cards. Thanks for sharing.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...