Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MMM 48 AND FMS 34

Hi cuties! With that title I have to admit; when I retired, I thought I was leaving the acronym world behind me. Now that I am making cards, I have started learning a whole NEW series of acronyms.  LOL yesterday I finally found out what CASE means.  Oh well, acronyms just make life easier, so its all good.

I tried a couple of new things on this card. Make My Monday’s challenge is for us to use white flowers as the focal point.  I wanted to use my StampinUp! Triple Treat Flower stamp, but using black ink didn’t give it the look I wanted, so I decided to emboss white on white and use two different white papers; one is a very light grey card stock and the other is a reflective white card stock.  Standard card stock was used for the center which is stamped with Versacolor ink.

The second thing I tried was the bow. I saw a tutorial somewhere that shows how to make small bows using a fork of all things! I really wanted a small bow for this card and I love how it turned out.

.

The DSP is from K & Company’s Brenda Walton Madeline Mat Pad.  The colors are so beautiful in this mat pad and the paper is textured which makes the colors somewhat muted.  Each panel is matted using the brown paper. Really Reasonable Ribbon was used for the ribbon and bow.

A Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles LG die cut is underneath the white flower and a Recollections flourish finishes off the card.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR THESE CHALLENGES:

Freshly Made Sketches 34

Make My Monday Week 48: LILY OF THE VALLEY FLOWERS OR WHITE FLOWERS

- please make the flowers the main focus of your projects - not just added as an embellishment.

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5 x 4.25

  • STAMPS: StampinUp!
  • PAPER: Recollections, K & Company Madeline Mat Pad
  • TOOLS: Big Shot, Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles LG, heat tool
  • INK: Versacolor , VersaMark, StampinUP! Clear embossing powder
  • ACCESSORIES: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Recollections flourish
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[2]

    11 comments:

    Linda Callahan said...

    What a beautiful layered flower! Very pretty card - love the pearls :)

    Mynn xx said...

    This is oh so pretty, Ellen! LOVE the white flower--it really pops on top of those amazing rich colors! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    Elaine coustley said...

    Truly a beautiful card, love the flower and your little bow is just great. x

    Jacqueline said...

    A lovely pretty card - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

    Ellen - the flower you have made is so effective - it's beautiful. Lovely to see you at Make My Monday. Thank you. Suzanne :)

    Jen Mitchell said...

    I love the colors of the designer papers - they give your card a soft vintage feel. And the flower is gorgeous. Layering white on white is a real treat to see! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Vicky Hayes said...

    That is a beautiful flower Ellen, I love the embossing and that you used different card stocks.

    Diane said...

    I like the use of the layered punch. Such a subtle feel to the card.

    Suzi B said...

    thank you so much for joining us at MMM with this lovely card.
    suzi b :)

    Fliss said...

    A really lovely card - the flower is beautiful and love the background panels.
    Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday to share your lovely creation.
    Fliss x

    Lesley said...

    This is a beautiful card, the flower is the perfect focal point. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...