Thursday, May 10, 2012

STAMP SCHOOL AND OWH MWTD

Happy Thursday everyone! I know I am going to get pretty busy soon as we prepare to go to our son’s graduation, so I’m not sure how many cards I will get posted before we go.  Yesterday, his Company had a 10 mile march that culminates in the Cold Steel Ceremony.  They had a huge bonfire and here is what his 1st Sergeant said about the ceremony: “During the ceremony we will explain exactly what it actually means to be an American Soldier..... the sacrifices of our fallen comrades and our accomplishments throughout history. They will remember this night for the rest of they're life.” Man! This morning, 1st Sergeant posted “They made it! Congratulations to our new Brothers in Arms! Sir, Delta Dawgs have met the standard and ready for graduation, Sir!” I couldn’t be more proud of my soldier!

Operation Write Home’s* Stars and Stamps Mid-Week Throw Down is to make patriotic cards, I think that is very fitting for me today and I was very happy making this AnyHero card that will go to a hero who is deployed somewhere in the world.

All paper is card stock from Craftwell and Recollections.  For the sentiment panel, I stamped the sentiment in black and used Brick Red and Broken China Distress Inks with a blending tool to add the color. This panel was then attached to a red panel and decorated with white seam binding.  The white panel is embossed with Cuttlebug’s Swiss Dots embossing folder and placed on a blue base panel.

The flower on the seam binding is homemade by me.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR THESE CHALLENGES:

Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Mid-Week Throw Down: Patriotic 

Stamp School Geometry Class 5-09-12

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222[2]

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu_thumb

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5 x 4.25

  • STAMPS: Soldier Calligraphy by Paper Inspirations, True Soldier by Stamper’s Best (OWH Fundraiser), Verve (stars inside card)
  • PAPER: Recollections, Craftwell
  • TOOLS: Blending tool
  • INK: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Broken China, Brick Red
  • ACCESSORIES: Seam binding, Recollections red pearls, handmade crochet flower 

    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[2]_thumb

  • 12 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Very nice, I love the sentiment stamp!

    Jen M said...

    Nice job!

    Margaret said...

    Very pretty.

    Cynthia T said...

    This card with it's crisp white background and muted shades of red and blue ink is just lovely!

    Donna Nuce said...

    Ellen I am giving your blog a "Liebster Award" details will be on my blog tomorrow. Crafty Colonel

    One Scrappy Gal said...

    Your card is simply gorgeous! I love the subtlety and texture. The sentiment is perfect! Great job!

    Mary Lovill said...

    Class and elegance are the two words that came to my mind when I saw yours card...Each technique so carefully executed and each is symbiotic to everything else on the card...Breathtaking:)

    Maria said...

    Beautiful precious card, Ellen! A perfect sentiment! And, your little flower is gorgeous! Take care and Happy Mother's Day, hugs!!:-))

    Vicki Dutcher said...

    Oh this is fabulous! You did an excellent job with the sketch! Thanks for joining in at Stamp School!

    Samantha Taylor said...

    What a gorgeous card. I love the words as the focal point and beautiful sponging in the background! Thanks for playing along at stamp school.

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    Fabulous CAS card, Ellen! I like the two tones of sponged color on the main panel.

    Hope you are well, my friend!

    Mynn xx said...

    Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE that you've used your sentiment at the focal point--and your sponged colors are amazing! Gorgeous bow, as usual! :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...