Monday, June 18, 2012

CFC57 USING VELLUM OR ACETATE

Hi girlies! Well it is Monday again and I am starting my day with blogging and a cup of coffee. Just can’t seem to get motivated yet.

Over at Operation Write Home*, the current card drive, Duty.Honor.Cards is underway. At least 5% of our cards need to be AnyHero cards, so I have a couple of posts that focus specifically on our heroes! 

In addition to the OWH card drive, I am still trying to hone my CAS skills so in keeping with CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week, I used vellum on this card.

The sentiment, from Verve’s American Hero set, is stamped on vellum and then framed by a Spellbinders Classic Square frame.

The Band of Brother’s is stamped in Stamp School’s Wild Cherry. This stamp elicits so many emotions from me every single time I see it. It is one of my favorite patriotic stamps and is made by Stamper’s Best. It is one of their OWH fundraiser stamps and features selected deep etch rubber art made especially to assist the fundraising efforts of OWH. They donate $1 to Operation Write Home for each stamp sold that is designated with the OWH logo icon!!

Papers are from Recollections and ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

This is another OWH Fundraiser stamp from Stamper’s Best.  Please be sure to check out the fundraiser stamps after you leave comments for me.  The only thing that could make an AnyHero card any better would be to actually give that hero a big hug too! We would love to have you join us as OWH and send some love to these brave men and women.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:

CAS-ual Fridays CFC57


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:


image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]

SUPPLIES
SIZE: approx
5.5 x 4.25″

dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[1]

6 comments:

Julie said...

This is a thought provoking card!

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Ellen! Another fabulous card--LOVE the way you used the acetate! And I really love when you use that sentiment! Fabulous card!!! :)

Jenny said...

What a wonderful tribute card to the forces! I just love the way you used the vellum on the front and the the quote on the inside is oh so true.
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x

Virginia L. said...

Super card to pay tribute to our heroes! I love how you used the vellum for the quote! Perfect OWH card! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Suzanne said...

Fantastically patriotic and amazingly designed. The bottom border of soldiers is so striking! Thanks so much for joining in the CAS-ual Fridays fun this week! :)

Anonymous said...

Great card for a great cause! Love the vellum quote, looks fab in the frame :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...