Monday, June 18, 2012

RRR Challenge #50 is Red, White & Blue with Ribbon

Time for the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge! I love it when a challenge fits what I want to do, and this one is a match made in heaven.

The challenge is to use red, white, and blue with ribbon and since I am making AnyHero cards, this was a no-brainer.  Over at Operation Write Home*, the current card drive, Duty.Honor.Cards is underway. At least 5% of our cards need to be AnyHero cards, so I have a couple of posts that focus specifically on our heroes.  To see the first one, please scroll down to my previous post.

I have always adored Andrea Ewen’s cards and wish I had her sense of style.  She uses a lot of flourishes that I fell in love with when seeing her cards.  I won some ZVA Creative flourishes and have had so much fun using them.  You will see that I used two on this card, but they are large so I find I snip them apart to fit my card, and of course I get to use them on a lot more cards!

Stamper’s Best is where I got the flag stamp. It is one of their OWH fundraiser stamps and features selected deep etch rubber art made especially to assist the fundraising efforts of OWH. They donate $1 to Operation Write Home for each stamp sold that is designated with the OWH logo icon!!

I masked the flag to get the two colors and love how it turned out. I just need to get one of those tools that helps you place the stamp in the same spot.

The sentiment stamps are from Verve’s American Hero set which I find I use a LOT! I just love that set.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:

Really Reasonable Ribbon RRR50 Use Red, White & Blue with Ribbon


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:


image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_ image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

SUPPLIES
SIZE: approx
5.5 x 4.25″

dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

1 comment:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Ellen, these are beautiful any hero cards, I too love Andrea's flourishs. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...