Thursday, June 21, 2012

THREE CARDS FOR OWH SKETCH 126

Hi sweeties! I have three cards to share in this post. I’m trying to get my box of cards ready for Operation Write Home.

My friend, Mynnette at On a Stampage, has started making digital sentiments and is giving this one away on her blog. She also told me about this pretty digital stamp that is free at Free Vintage Digital Stamps.

This digi is not pre-colored, so I had a chance to play with my new Copics.  I used a Martha Stewart border/corner set to trim the edge of the back panel, attached all of the pieces and popped the entire front with dimensional dots. I really love the effect it gives and I learned how to do it from my friend Andrea Ewen at Ewen Style. I adore her work and love to learn tips from her!

This next card is an AnyHero Card for my box.  It also uses Sketch126 and a pre-colored digital stamp from Digital Delights called Luvin the USA Bongo Color. The sentiment and stars are from Verve.

Now, this last card I blame on Sandy Allnock!  She got me interested in Copics which I used to color the cupcakes, AND she encouraged us to get messy this week.  I was playing with inks, trying to make splatters, seeing what different inks and paints will do, and started playing with Liquid Pearls.  The 3 stripes are painted with Liquid Pearls and then brushed with Perfect Pearls to make the colors more vibrant.  They are very shiny but it doesn’t show in the pictures. 

So, I have three cards with the same sketch, all with very a very different feel.  I hope you enjoyed looking because I had a blast making them!

Here is the OWH sketch

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:


image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,

anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb

3 comments:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Your cards are beautiful, my fave is the first, such perfect coloring with a beautiful image. Hugs

Linda said...

The first card is simply stunning! The second card is super fun (I love dogs!) Great job on all! TFS!!!

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Ellen! Sorry it took me so long to stop by--I've had family in town this week! OH MY WORD!!! You have totally done my freebie amazing justice! This is a stunning card--fabulous coloring on those free primroses, too! WOW is all I can say! I'm gonna add your card in my next post with a link back to you so everyone else can see what you made with the freebie, if that's ok? LOVE it!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...