Wednesday, June 20, 2012

OWH TUTORIAL MAKE A MESS

This is my second post today. Please scroll down to see the first one.

OK, last night on OWH’s Facebook page, I promised I was going to get messy today and try the OWH tutorial.  Well, I got messy, but was not able to get the splatter effect that I wanted, so I came up with a different effect.

I used a piece of watercolor paper and Distress Stains to make the lines, then I placed some of the stain on my work surface and plopped the corner into the ink.  It was really simple, but I like the effect.

The sentiment is from Stamp School

Three gold self-adhesive pearls finish off this simple card.  I do believe I made a CAS card Surprised smile.

I will be sharing this at the Operation Write Home Tutorial for this week. You can go here to see all of the other attempts. This is the technique we were supposed to do but I could NOT get the splatter to look right.

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:


image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,

anewsig_joy_thumb

anewdiv_joy_thumb

6 comments:

Beth L. said...

Great card! I love your lines and the splotch in the corner.

Anonymous said...

Your card turned out great. Love how you did your own thing Thank for sharing. I want to try this.
Charlsie

sherry varga said...

This is gorgeous and I will have to try it!

Redanne said...

Ellen, I love both your cards today - lots, loving those splats, they look so effective. A x

Paula S. said...

I think this turned out great! Well worth the effort you took to explore the technique even if it's not what you originally hoped for.

EmeralDQueen said...

Your Cards are so pretty, love the way you use the inks :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...