Wednesday, July 18, 2012

FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES AND MORE!

OK Ladies! This is a reminder to watch for blog candy next week! My blogoversary is next week and I am working on putting together some blog candy to celebrate. And, I would like to take a second now to say WELCOME to my new followers!!!! I am so happy to see some new faces and hope all of you will come back often.

Now, let’s get to the point and see this card!!!!

I used Freshly Made Sketches for this card and the color challenge from Make My Monday. I will link these below.  The papers are Craftwell, embossed sentiment from Inspired by Stamping, Cuttlebug embossing folder and my new toy!!! I have the new Sizzix/Hero Arts stamp & die-cut Framelits set called Butterflies #3.  I know most of you are already familiar with this concept because you use a lot of SU! products but basically this is a stamp set with a set of die-cuts (framelits) from Sizzix that match the stamps.  I used Stamp School white cover weight cardstock for the stamping.  Some stitching and a little bling and this card was done!

Thanks for stopping by!

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:

Freshly Made Sketches #44

Make My Monday Colour Wheel Challenge - 3, Complimentary Colours

CASology Week #2: HAPPY

Since butterflies and flowers make me happy, I am entering this at CASology.



I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222

Another card for:
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″


anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

17 comments:

Suzi B said...

Thank you for joining us at MMM with this delightful card. I love the delicate colour of the flower and buttrfly against the darker background.
suzi b :)

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful card - thanks for joining in our Colour Wheel challenge tis week at MMM - Jacqueline xx.

Redanne said...

Hi Ellen, I am getting this die and stamp set for my birthday - Woohoo! I have had the stamp for years but just adore those flowers - thanks for the inspiration! A x

Ardyth said...

Beautiful rich colours and lots of texture make me happy! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Carole said...

Such a pretty card, lovely colors and details;) Returning the favor:)

Carole said...

Lovely card, pretty colors and details

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card!! thanks for playing along with CASology

Laura said...

Fab colours and I just love the butterfly.
Laura

Jenny Marples said...

Love your choice of embossing folder and images. Beautiful card. Hugs, Buttons x

Mynn xx said...

Ellen, it's gorgeous and absolutely happy! LOVE the dry embossed panel that you've sewn on! And your images are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at MMM and I hope you join us again soon!!!!!! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I love the colors and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julia S-W said...

Lovely card - I have that embossing folder too and it's so pretty. Your stamping is perfect and the stitching helps to lift the whole thing. I'm your latest follower - do pop over and see me when you have time.
Juliax

Jen W. said...

That dogwood stamp id one of my favourites from Hero Arts. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Patrice said...

Happy, happy! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-29.html

Jen Timko said...

Ellen this is just beautiful! Love your colors. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Fliss said...

A beautiful card Ellen. Love the stitching on the embossed panel and the simple coloured ink stamping is lovely.
Thanks for joining in with the MMM yellow and purple challenge.
Fliss x

Jen Sannes said...

A gorgeous card with a wonderful color combination. I especially like your embossed sentiment and little bits o' bling in the corner. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...