Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Woohoo! I hope everyone is having a great day celebrating our Country’s independence! I have been making all of the sketches in Operation Write Home’s bloghop, and I’ve been going in order, but I am posting this one separately and out of order so I can also enter it into Joanna Munster’s Inspired By Stamping inspiration challenge.  Plus it is my holiday card to all of you!

Inspired by Stamping’s IBSIC15 challenge is Red, White and Blue! Perfect for today!! The inspiration photo after my card.

I thought this would be an easy card to whip up today, but I realized I didn’t have any DSP that is red, white and blue so I fixed that! Open-mouthed smile  The base is a blue shimmery cardstock. On top of that is white embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then rubbed with red ink to color the dots.  The red is embossed with another Cuttlebug embossing folder. The pretty striped paper is a digital paper I got from Doodle Pantry. Thank goodness they had it because it was perfect for this card.  The blue strip is the same as the base.

The flag and sentiment are from Doodle Pantry too.  The “fireworks” are some left over from last year and I don’t remember where I got them.

This is the sketch this card is based on:

Inspired By Stamping IBSIC15

Please be sure to check out Operation Write Home’s bloghop! Just click the image below to get there!

Enjoy the bloghop and come back to see more of the awesome sketches with my twist on them Open-mouthed smile.

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES (CARD SIZES ARE 5.5 X 4.25 UNLESS SKETCH SHOWS A DIFFERENT SIZE


anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Happy 4th of July, Ellen! I am so grateful for your son and all those who sacrifice for our amazing country! God bless and have a fabulous day!

PS: This cards is GORGEOUS--I am loving the blinged up fireworks!!! :)

Redanne said...

Ellen, your card is stunning - I adore red, white and blue and we use it here in England too. Happy 4th July to you and yours today. A x

JoAnn Ross said...

How clever of you to make your own background paper! That's a wonderful card and I LOVE that window photo!

JoAnn Ross said...

How clever was it to make your own cardstock! That's a fabulous card and I LOVE the window photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...