Thursday, July 5, 2012

IBSIC #16 SKETCH CHALLENGE

Hi cuties!! I am so excited today for a few reasons. 1) Yesterday was Independence Day here in the USA. I always love the celebration and hold all of our men and women in uniform close to my heart.  2) It is MY soldier’s BIRTHDAY!!!!!! LOL I know he is not reading this but “HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON” and 3) Joanna at Inspired by Stamping asked me to be her Guest Designer today!!!! WOOHOO! I am so honored Joanna. Thank you so much for inviting me.



If you have not checked out Joanna’s store, you should. She has a beautiful line of stamps and YUMMY flowers! 

The sentiment is made up of 3 stamps from Inspired by Stamping. They are from the Beautiful Ovals and All Year Wishes II sets. Notice how the oval fits perfectly with Spellbinders Classic Ovals! I love her attention to details like that.



Those gorgeous papers are from Wild Rose Studios Letters from Paris 6x6 pack. You will be able to see the list of supplies with links below.  The border panel was made using my new Martha Stewart double edge border punch.  I colored the doily using VersaColor and Distress Inks then topped it with a Memory Box Quinn Flourish using the same scrap paper that I used for the border.



Prima’s Say It In Crystals flourish and Sheer Pink butterfly, along with ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon finish this off.  I can’t wait to send this card!

OH! Here is my soldier! So proud of him and wish I could give him a birthday hug..


THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR
IBSIC #16
IMG_0057


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
6x6”

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

HOW EXCITING!!! Congrats on the DT--totally headed to the store now! This card is absolutely AMAZING--LOVE all the bling! And that gold doily is magnificent! :) Happy birthday to your son!!! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ellen, I am SO happy for you to be the guest designer at IBSIC this week. :) You deserve it! This card is bee-autiful. Love that rose paper. I have never seen it before!
And the elaborate punched border at the bottom: gorgeous!

Happy Birthday to your precious son. Bless him, and all the other service men and women for keeping safe the freedoms we take for granted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...