Thursday, July 26, 2012

INSPIRED BY STAMPING AND FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES

WooHoo! Tomorrow is Friday and I finished all of my major chores so I can basically chill, craft, read, whatever! Don’t you just love days like that?

Even though I was really busy today, I did find time to make one card for Joanna Munster’s Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge and the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week.

This card is a little different for me because it is mostly cardstock instead of DSP, there is no stitching, and I raised the front panel off of the card base. Oh, and it is very pastel which I don’t do a lot of.  The little flourish punch at the bottom of the yellow panel is my new EK Success edger punch.  The stamp is Hero Arts, the ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, the blue medallion is from Memory Box, the butterfly from Hero Arts/Sizzix, and the blue flourish is ZVA Creative.

Here is the inspiration photo for the IBS challenge #19

And here is the FMS challenge sketch #45

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]

Another card for:
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″


anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful Ellen! Wow! I love all your details! Thanks for joining us! It means so much. Hugs, J

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the layout and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Redanne said...

Love, love, love your card today Ellen especially that gorgeous butterfly! A x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very pretty, Ellen! And way to go outside the comfort zone and do some different things, too. It feels good to do that now and then. Glad you got all your chores finished and *still* had time to play with us at IBSIC!

Maria said...

Such pretty colors with gorgeous flower and butterfly! Love the addition of the gems, too!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a pretty card! I love the layers of medallion, leaves and flowers. The butterfly and rhinestone flourishes are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karen B. said...

Your card is so beautiful, I really like how you've highlighted elements with the rhinestones so perfectly!

Jen Timko said...

How pretty! Love that butterfly! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a pretty card, love how you layered the embellishment. Thank you for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb xxx

Jen Sannes said...

What fun - to have a day to do whatever you please! I hope you enjoyed it. :) And I love this card - it is so pretty and sparkly. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! I love the bottom layer and all of the fabulous touches on this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

~Tammy~ said...

I love that beautiful flower focal image! Beautifully layered!

Thank you for sharing with us at IBSIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...