Saturday, August 25, 2012

INSPIRED BY STAMPING GET WELL CARD

Hello my dear blogging buddies! I am trying to make sure I get my card posted on time for Inspired by Stamping. Last week, with my trip, I managed to make the card but did not get it posted in time for the challenge. 

To make the background for this card, I used the Triple Time Stamping technique from Do Stamping with Dawn.  I used this technique for last week’s card and love how it turned out, and since I didn’t get to share it, I decided to use the technique again.  I have to say the technique was easier to photograph on the card last week. The sage VersaColor ink is very hard to see on this card.  The medallion stamps, sentiment and flowers are from Inspired by Stamping. The pink paper is DCWV Shimmer paper.

I used DI Antique Linen and a Spellbinders Flourish Impressabilities plus the medallion stamps in Sage VersaColor to make the background. I am hoping the close up will give you the delicate details of the background.  I placed the Impressabilities over the 3 pieces of paper and used the DI and a blending tool to get the first layer of design on the white paper. I then used the IBS stamps and the Sage VersaColor to stamp the medallions over the background.  Once the background was complete, I added in the pink paper and made sure the designs lined up properly.

Some rhinestones, ribbon and IBS flowers finish this card.

Just to give you a better idea of the design, here is a picture of the card I made last week. This card is going to Operation Write Home.

Now for the challenges:

IBSIC #23 ~ Inspiration Photo


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that technique too! It is just gorgeous! I just posted your beautiful card on IBS FB page! thank you so much Ellen for creating such a beautiful card for the challenge! Hugs, Joanna

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, and what a great technique, thanks for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Look at you, going all clean and simple, Ellen! Well, not simple exactly, because these are just oozing feminine, shabby chic charm. :) I love how you used the IBS doilies!

Thanks for playing with us at IBSIC this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...