Friday, September 14, 2012

DOING MORE WITH LESS

WOW! I can’t believe another week is gone.  I hope your week has been lots of fun crafting, I know mine has.  I noticed my friend Colleen Dietrich hosted a challenge this week at DO MORE WITH LESS, so I made this card for her challenge.  (This is my second post for today so please scroll down to see my first one)

The papers are from K&Co Julianne 6x6 stack.  I used a Tim Holtz Alterations border die for the bottom edge cut.  The doily was covered with various Distress Inks until I got the color I wanted. I then cut two Lacey Squares from Spellbinders to make the medallion. The Waltzingmouse sentiment is on a Labels Four and embellished with three pearls. The little flowers are from Inspired by Stamping.

Here is Colleen’s GORGEOUS card and this is her challenge “make a card that incorporates the shabby-chic style, using pearls and lace.”

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5.25″
anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

3 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yay, Ellen! I am so glad you played in my challenge. :) Your card is gorgeous, with such an opulent Victorian feel. That lace trim is to die for! THanks so much for playing, and giving me a shout out. :)

yyam said...

Wow! Your card is just gorgeous Ellen! I love the luscious, elegant feel with the beautiful layers and textures! :)

Thank you so much for playing along with my guest Colleen's challenge! :)

Maria said...

Wow! So many pretty details on your card! Lovely tiny flowers, doily, gems, and gorgeous trim! Great job...love it! Take care, hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...