Sunday, October 14, 2012

LESS IS MORE WEEK 89

Hi all my sweet friends! Here I go again, struggling with Less is More. I know I will get this one of these days, and I hope I am improving, but time (and comments) will tell.  Please let me know what you think. This week is ONE LAYER ugh! I love my layers but I have to admit I am starting to enjoy making cards in the CAS style.

This week at Less is More, we can only have one layer and we have to include something with wings, so I decided to get my alcohol inks out and play.  I used Adirondack Lettuce alcohol ink and alcohol ink blender in a water brush to create the green background. I stamped the bamboo with Memento Ink, stamped the little birds and colored them with my Tombows.  The sentiment and birds are old Inkadinkado stamps that I believe are retired now.

I did enjoy making this card and am happy to see I can still make backgrounds even on the most CAS cards.  Please take a second and let me know what you think about this one!

Card Challenges:

Time for ONE LAYER again and this time we have given you lots of scope with our theme of Wings

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x5.5″ Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]_thumb anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]_thumb

14 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card love the colours and design. Caroline xxx

Ivanka said...

This is gorgeous! I love the color and the design. I was really drawn to this in the LIM gallery. I struggle with the one layer cards too but find it a bit easier the more I do them. Inspiration like this helps! Thanks!!

Loli said...

Hola Ellen, great background, perfect with your little birdies, beautiful card!
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Chrissie said...

Pretty card Ellen.
Love those little birds!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Chris said...

Fabulous card, very striking design!
Chris x

Suzilou said...

Love how you have created the background on your card. Great stamps. Fab card :)

Carole said...

Great background, beautiful card.

Vikki said...

wow!! Nice card Ellen...love the back ground it really makes the card pop!!

Scrapmate said...

A stunning and striking card.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, quite creative with how you've applied the green on the background.

Mandi said...

Lovely card Ellen
Thank you very much
mandi
LIM

Aileen said...

Love the way you've made your background. It adds a real pop of colour. x

Stempelomi said...

great work and I love the background and the choice of colors

Viv said...

I love it, esp. that green pop of colour too :) Viv xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...