Monday, October 22, 2012

JACK-O-LANTERN HALLOWEEN CARD

Well, this is the start of a new week and it brings a new card from me. This one is entirely different from what I usually make, but I sort of like the end result.

Less is More is about Autumn this week, Really Reasonable Ribbon is about Halloween and Inspired by Stamping’s inspiration photo is all Halloweenie so I went WAY out of my comfort zone and came up with this card.

I don’t have a lot of Halloween stamps or dies so I had to really think about what I could do. Since the base of my card is black, I am hoping that works for “white space” at LIM! I used my craft knife to make the Jack-o-lantern face on my card. To make the lighted space behind his face, I used DI and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, although you can’t really see the effect in the pictures.  I used my big three inch circle punch to make the glowy pumpkin edge on the right.  I had a Fiskar’s embossing plate that is a spider web, so I embossed the left side of the card with and added the ribbon from RRR. I made the sentiment on my computer and cut it out with a Spellbinders.

Here is a close up of the face. I used some SU! dimensionals around the face area to add a little depth.

And that was it. Pretty simple and plain, but I thought it turned out sort of cute. What do you think?

Challenges entered:

LIMforblinkie  Week 90 Theme Autumn

Inspired by Stamping IBSIC #31 ~ Halloween Photo Inspiration

RRR Challenge #58 - Halloween & Ribbon Theme
   
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x5.5″ Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Super autumn festival card!
Great cutting and black 'white space' is perfectly fine.
Thanks so much
Chrissie

Caroline said...

Fabulous card love the halloween design. Caroline xxx

Loli said...

Hola Ellen, terrific card, great and clever idea, really scary :D:D:D:D
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca and i hope to see you soon

Chris said...

Very effective! Love it!
Chris
x

Katy said...

I LOVE this! I think it is so creative and different! Love! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Simple, yes, but plain? No! There's so much interest here, Ellen! I like that you went outside the box and did this really cool jack o lantern face. The embossing on the corner is a good touch, and your eye goes from one to the other very easily.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Inspired By Stamping, girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...