Monday, October 22, 2012

JACK-O-LANTERN HALLOWEEN CARD

Well, this is the start of a new week and it brings a new card from me. This one is entirely different from what I usually make, but I sort of like the end result.

Less is More is about Autumn this week, Really Reasonable Ribbon is about Halloween and Inspired by Stamping’s inspiration photo is all Halloweenie so I went WAY out of my comfort zone and came up with this card.

I don’t have a lot of Halloween stamps or dies so I had to really think about what I could do. Since the base of my card is black, I am hoping that works for “white space” at LIM! I used my craft knife to make the Jack-o-lantern face on my card. To make the lighted space behind his face, I used DI and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, although you can’t really see the effect in the pictures.  I used my big three inch circle punch to make the glowy pumpkin edge on the right.  I had a Fiskar’s embossing plate that is a spider web, so I embossed the left side of the card with and added the ribbon from RRR. I made the sentiment on my computer and cut it out with a Spellbinders.

Here is a close up of the face. I used some SU! dimensionals around the face area to add a little depth.

And that was it. Pretty simple and plain, but I thought it turned out sort of cute. What do you think?

Challenges entered:

LIMforblinkie  Week 90 Theme Autumn

Inspired by Stamping IBSIC #31 ~ Halloween Photo Inspiration

RRR Challenge #58 - Halloween & Ribbon Theme
   
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x5.5″ Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...