Friday, October 12, 2012

OWH BONUS SKETCH

Hi to all my crafty friends! Operation Write Home had a bonus sketch this week and I want to share my card using that sketch!

I saw this sweet stamp at Michaels and just had to buy it! Technically it is a Halloween stamp, but I thought she could be used anytime. What do you think? I colored her with my Copics (after researching skin and hair and running out to get more markers!) and I still need to practice the skin and hair but I think she is fine. I used SB Romantic Rectangles to cut her out and before removing from the die, I sponged with DI Antique Linen. This panel ended up being a little large for the sketch but again, I thought it would be ok.  The green panel is embossed with a Darice embossing folder. The strips are Pierceabilities from SB. I cut, embossed and pierced each one using scraps of old Christmas paper. The Inspired by Stamping sentiment is stamped with white Chalkbox ink.

The green panel was then mounted on silver paper using foam tape for dimension. So what do you think? Can she work for cards other than Halloween? I would love to know your thoughts on that.

Card Challenges:

OWH Bonus Sketch

This card will be donated to owhheadlogo

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x5.5″ Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here!

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image which is coloured so beautifully and the red and green looks fabulous together. Caroline xxx

Carol L said...

I really like your take on the sketch! Beautiful image with amazing coloring and I love the clock too :)

Lee Mae said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is perfect.

Linda said...

Great coloring! Gorgeous card! tfs!!!

Katy said...

I love this card! And I love this stamp-she is a little steampunkish! I think you could use her for New Year's too with the clock. I love how you colored here. Maybe in Valentines! :)

Renee said...

Very pretty card but the coloring!!!! Oh my goodness…beautiful!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I actually had no idea this was a Halloween stamp! It's perfect, just the way you've used it. She looks very festive. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...