Saturday, November 10, 2012

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hi crafty friends! Today, I am trying CAS again as I continue with Christmas cards. CAS-ual Fridays is looking for torn paper this week so here is what I came up with.

This was incredibly hard to photograph but hopefully you get the idea. I sprayed watercolor paper with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Night Before Christmas. You can’t see it in the photo but the night sky has that beautiful gold glimmer that you get from Glimmer Mist.  The ground was made by tearing white paper and then adding glitter for a snowy affect.   The tree is from Memory Box and the sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping. I heat embossed the sentiment using silver embossing powder and mounted the entire panel on silver metallic paper.

Link to challenges:

CFC78- Create a Clean And Simple project that has something torn on it. Tear that cardstock, designer paper or even felt. Get creative and tear it up.

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the layout and colours. The tree is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Mynn xx said...

Soooo...will you be mad if I tear glitter paper for my card, too?! This is so stunning, Ellen! LOVE the deep colors with the amazing sparkle! Fabulous card! :)

Marlena M. said...

Wow, that tree is AMAZING. LOVE the shine here~

Glenda Atkins said...


Beautiful Ellen, love it!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm so glad I'm back tracking your post...just look what I almost missed...beautiful. I bought a MB tree die and have not used it...thanks for the inspiration!

Michele Gross said...

Wow! This is just dazzling! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kimberly said...

Ellen - what a lovely card! That tree is so beautiful and delicate-looking! Thank you so much for playing along with us as CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

Stunning! Your winter scene has such a wonderful shine, and I love the pop of red against the deep blue sky. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...