Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY NOVEMBER CHALLENGE

Can you believe it is now NOVEMBER?  And, since today is the first Tuesday it is time for Technique Tuesday!!!!  Our featured technique this month is 3D Punch Elements and honestly, this is a super simple but effective technique! Plus, Mynnette has put together a great tutorial for you to follow so grab a punch, some tape and some paper and have some fun!

For my card, I decided to make a bookworm, and since I didn’t have a punch for this, I had to ad-lib.  I cut 2.5 x 3.5” rectangles to make the pages. I used a stamp from Inspired by Stamping’s Ahoy Matey set and DI ink to add the “text” to the pages.  I used a blending tool to “age” the pages and mounted them on a brown “cover”.  The adorable worm image is from Doodle Pantry’s Firecracker Bugs. I used my craft knife to cut slits into the pages and slip him into place. He folds with the pages to flatten for an envelope.

Here is a close-up of the book with the worm going through the pages.

I made the sentiment on my computer from a poem by Denise Rodgers.

So jump over to Technique Tuesday to see the tutorial and join the fun!
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x5.5″
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please leave comments so I know you were here! hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

5 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Very gorgeous and very clever Ellen, love it! Karen

Mynn xx said...

Ellen, you are a GENIUS at paper crafting! This is just too cute--LOVE the signature stitching and darling image! Fabulous creation for our challenge this month! :)

sandie said...

wow, I saw this on technique Tuedsay and had to come and check out ow you did it. This is truly stunning!

Katy said...

Ellen-I LOVE this card. I love the worm and the book-so creative-like Mynnette said genius! Wow! :)

Kylie said...

Hi Ellen, I LOVE the little 3D book you have created. It has inspired me to try this with one of my stamp sets. It is a terrific way to use the technique!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...