Saturday, January 12, 2013

HUGGLES

**This is my second post for today. Please click here to see the first one or scroll down after seeing this one.**

I have a Gold Star Mom friend who I knew could use a hug across the miles, so I made this card for her. I used Chupa’s awesome sketch here

The sweet bunny and papers are from Doodle Pantry’s Big Hug Bunny, and the sentiment is one I made on my computer.

I also made these to send to her. I recently started studying Yulia Brodskaya’s quilling style and made these for my friend. I thought I would share them here to see what y’all think.

Obviously I have a long way to go to resemble Yula’s stunning illustrations, but I do like how these turned out and my friend loved them. What do you think? Should I keep working on this?

SKETCH LINK

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #87

 


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]_thumb

8 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Love the quilling! The love one is especially nice.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh Ellen, this is such a perfect card and for what you said. Gee...I have some friends who could use some hugs. Now you have me going to look for some critters that look like they could give a hug. Don't have this particular one....yet...haha

Marsha said...

Very cute Doodle Pantry card. Love the word "Huggles".

Glenda Atkins said...

Great card, love the Big Hug Bunny image and how you kept it clean & simple. Love the fancy edged border. Nicely done!

Peanut said...

What a darling little card. And of course you should keep on, you're on to something good. You dont have to work too hard...you're practically there!

Thanks for you kind words on my blog.

Mynn xx said...

SUCH a darling card, but the quilling is magnificent!!! WOW...I never would be able to make anything like those! They're superb! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love your cute card, but your quilling skills are magnificent! Double WOW!!

Dawn Frost said...

Ellen I love this bunny, great stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...