Sunday, February 24, 2013

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS EPIC

Happy Sunday sweet friends! I had so much fun crafting today, and I hope you did too!  Today I have my CAS-ual Fridays card for you to see.  It is a birthday card for a deployed soldier.

I just love making birthday cards for our deployed soldiers.  I am fortunate that I have someone who sends me a list of specific soldiers (sorry I use that term loosely and mean no disrespect to any branches of service). 

The CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to use silver somewhere on your card. I used Adirondacks silver alcohol ink mixative and a paintbrush to add the silver squiggles to the card. The stamps are from CAS-ual Fridays’ RAD stamp set and the gears are a Tim Holtz die.  Ribbon is from RRR.

CHALLENGE LINK

CFC91: The object of this game? Simple! Add silver to your CAS project. It can be a card, layout, tag, whatever...as long as it's CAS and has at least a touch of silver.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked my card.


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_

5 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

The ribbon is the perfect touch! Epic card. Very cool!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh yes....I really like your card....so modern and a little Op Art! Very Cool!! What you are doing for the soldiers and military personnel is wonderful..all the birthday cards will be so enjoyed.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those silver squiggles are really pretty! Er, I mean, handsome. ;)

This card has a light, happy feel, Ellen. Perfect for a soldier who is far from home.

Glenda Atkins said...

I see steampunk in the card and I totally love it. Love the colours and the design.
hugs
glenda

Lisa A. said...

Silver alcohol ink...way cool!! Will have to check that out...a very handsome card!! The soldier who gets this will appreciate it, I'm certain...and what a wonderful thing you are doing, too!, Ellen!! So happy you joined the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...